“Try the Raspberry Whoopie”
Review of Two Fat Cats

Two Fat Cats
Ranked #4 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Lewiston
“Try the Raspberry Whoopie”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in the other day out of curiosity. We purchased two whoopies: one regular and one raspberry. While the cake was a bit dry, the filling made up for it. We would definitely return.

• Visited May 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Chocolate Puddle!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Highly rated by an online celebrity, Two Fat Cats could easily rest on its laurels and offer lower-quality items. Lucky for my friend and I, we found that the treats on display were as tasty in the mouth as they were on the eyes. From the pie to the incredible chocolate puddle, we enjoyed everything we tested.

• Visited June 2012
East Granby, Connecticut
“Best Whoopie Pie”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love whoopies but this one is the top of my list because of the filling. It is much lighter than your average whoopie filling. I really enjoyed visiting the bakery.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jo-AnnAlbano
Portland, Maine
“Yay coffee cake! Boo cupcakes!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My first experience with Two Fat Cats came courtesy of a friend bearing a Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake. Oh my. This was quite possibly the best coffee cake I've ever eaten. That was 2011, and I have ordered several equally delicious coffee cakes from TFC since. Never disappointed on that front.

Now, operating on the assumption that *everything* in the bakery is as awesome as their coffee cakes, I went ahead and purchased some cupcakes for a family get-together. They have quite a few flavors from which to choose, but mine is a picky crowd so I kept it simple: chocolate and vanilla. I am sorry to say that these are the worst cupcakes I've ever had. Dry, dense, flavorless cake topped with dry, dense, flavorless frosting. At almost $2 a pop I certainly expected better. I guess this is what happens when you try to make cupcakes on an industrial scale?

My advice: Skip the cupcakes. Have a scone or a cookie instead, or if you're feeling particularly ravenous, order yourself a Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake. It'll be money - and tummy space - well spent.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pies and cakes”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stepping into this bakery is like stepping back in time. The aroma of baked goods and the old wooden display cases reminded me of the Women's Exchange in Kennebunkport.

Two Fat Cats made the cake and pies for my daughter's wedding. We loved our trip to the bakery for the tasting. The baker prepared miniature cakes for us to try. All were amazing!!! But the pies prepared for the wedding were OUTSTANDING! I bake myself and usually skip bakery goods but I (and friends!) went back for seconds! Strawberry rhubarb, yum!

• Visited July 2012