“Very small, but very nice, and great Thai food”
Review of Saeng Thai House

Saeng Thai House
Ranked #86 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We sold our other restaurant and now only have one Saeng Thai House on 921 Congress St! Please come visit us and the same old crew!
Swanville, Maine
“Very small, but very nice, and great Thai food”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This small Thai restaurant was recommended by friends, and it was a wonderful small and nicely decorated place, with friendly and fast service and some of the tastiest Thai food I've ever had. Try it!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
“great food and service”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had the masman curry which was delicious. Also the chicken satay was good and the peanut sauce was delicious. Service was fast and reliable.

Portland, Maine
“Very Good Thai”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've been here a half dozen times before: this time I went with my sister and a friend on a rainy weekend night. This restaurant is small, with only 8 tables. It was about half full during our visit, with several orders for take-out coming and going. I did not recognize most of the staff working that night, as it has been different staff when I've been before. Our waitress was prompt and friendly, but slightly overzealous in initiating our order, taking dishes away, and in general, hovering. Part of this is that there is nowhere for her to hide-out because of the cramped space.

My sister and I ordered the Tom Kha soup.... a favorite of mine. My sister didn't like hers, so I ate them both. However, she loved her crispy pad thai entrée (though I don't care for the texture). My regular pad thai with crispy tofu was excellent, as always- though it could have used the touch of spice I had asked for. My friend was crazy for his garlic with chicken entrée: speaking little, and gobbling it up with enthusiasm and sounds of great satisfaction. The meal felt a bit rushed because the waitress hovered a bit, and because our entrees, all delivered at different times, arrived shortly after our soups were served.

I will still come back. Great food at affordable prices, and generally with good service.

“Excellent Thai Restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I are in Portland for two days and were heading for another restaurant when we passed Saeng Thai. We hesitated outside reading the posted menu when a party of diners came out. We asked if the restaurant is good and they recommended it heartily; we had a delicious meal and the people working there couldn't have been more pleasant.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Toyosail
Portland, Maine
“We love it for dining in too!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I got take-out food here a couple of times and really liked it, so I decided to bring my own wine (how great is that???() and eat in. I brought my adult grand daughter and we had a great time. Fried dumplings as an appetizer (yummy) and garlic chicken and a duck special for entrees. We shared mango custard for dessert. Everything was good, and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The server, who appeared very young, was charming and knowledgeable, and the food was fabulous. We think we'll go back soon.

• Visited October 2013