“Breakfast sandwich”

Ranked #186 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Vinalhaven, Maine
“Breakfast sandwich”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

One guy, a quiet short-order cook runs this place in the morning. No motion wasted. I had a bacon, cheese, egg on the English muffin. The muffin wan't toasted, it was grilled, with those black grillmarks: amazing taste. Orders made quiclky and efficiently. The sandwiches come wrapped in a square of aluminum foil.

The front window is full of animals made by customers from those aluminum squares.

Excellent coffee.

A place I will certainly return to.

• Visited July 2014

Bordentown, New Jersey
“Great breakfast sandwiches!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the number 2, turkey, avocado, Gouda, egg on a bagel. A little salty but very good. I could easily have eaten three. Nice find.

“Neighborhood Cafe with a lot of WOW!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Chef owned, simple fare, exquisitely prepared. Tasty bites while eating elbow to elbow with neighborhood locals. A must go to spot for lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Navarre, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something you wouldn't expect”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little sandwich and coffee shop. It looks completely different on the inside and has great breakfast sandwiches!

Portland, Maine
“Oh Yes to Ohno! Cafe' for a fantastic breakfast sandwich”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Check this joint off the "places I want to go" list and move to "places I love to go" list. Yowsa, Ohno! Cafe' was exactly as I had hoped for. Packed up with patient patrons, we waited only a moment to have our order taken.

While getting my tea I had a view of the sandwich makers. During this, and the entire time we were there, they were entirely focused on producing their signature sandwiches on either bagels, English muffins, or Bialy. No time for joviality, NO distractions, and fluid fulfillment of the food orders as well as the coffee/tea station. To be admired.

As we waited for our order I had a chance to peruse the beer and wine selection. Being in the industry leaves me with an advantage/disadvantage in evaluating the quality of a store/restaurant's beer/wine list. There are myriad choices, it's very difficult to cull down roughly 10,000 wine labels to match space, price range, and taste of clientele. Ohno apparently has a great buyer or team. Though there were no American wines, there were several ciders made locally and UFF Kombucha. The beers, plentiful enough for the space available, were effectively chosen for origin, quality, and price. If I were in the West End, they were open, and I was in need, I'm positive I could pop in here and leave with an appropriate selection for any event.

We took our food a few blocks away to the park overlooking the bridge on York Street and enjoyed them sitting on a park bench in the glorious sunshine while folks walked their dogs throughout the park.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience I would recommend highly.

• Visited May 2014