This pricey B&B pretends to be what it is actually not.
Besides a very warm welcome, the price paid (about 250 US at the time of writing) seems to me a little bit too much for a not exactly very clean property. At one's first impression the rooms appear very nice, but then, looking at'em more closely they are dusty, if not, for some details a bit too dirty for my tastes. Too bad beacuse it's clear that the owners are putting a lot of love in adding details and artcrafts to make their property warm and witty.
Not to mention the service: I've forgot some stuff there and after having spoken to the manager, who offered to mail me the items in Boston, after a few days nobody knew something about the mailing, which contained a couple of Polo Shirts...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arty and eclectic boutique Portland Maine inn. An exceptional art collection blends with thoughtful, gourmet, small-plates breakfasts and a truly unique vibe. Housed in a three-story Italianate mansion dating from 1889, Pomegranate Inn is like no other Bed & Breakfast you've experienced. Contemporary mixes with traditional in the inspired setting of Portland's lovely West End. Close to this vibrant New England city's Arts District and bustling Old Port, yet quietly set among lovely homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Pomegranate Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pomegranate Hotel Portland
- Pomegranate Inn Portland, Maine