“Intimate Dining Experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Reviewed December 12, 2012

A small restaurant with exquisite food.
A wonderful dining experience!
The chef is highly regarded in Portland and in the Food industry.
Menu is carefully selected and draws on local foods.
When we had the opportunity to go out to dinner with a highly regarded in the area, this was his first choice.
Have to seek it out, it isn't a restaurant that you will easily stumble upon.
Great for good friends, couples, special occasions.

1  Thank MaineDebbie

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Menu is limited but the food was good and the wine was good. The restaurant is tiny, so be sure to make a reservation.

1  Thank Penny I
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had tried to eat here several times but the very small seating area makes reservations difficult. We lucked out with a last minute opening on a rainy night. The setting is very charming and though small, we were spaced enough from other tables to enjoy our conversation and meal. The food is superb from a fresh and inventive salad, tasty spaghetti to calamari and hanger steak. Very good bread too! Wine by the glass is offered and I had one of the best reds in a long time at a fair price. The service was efficient though a bit slow but not annoying. I will say I feel the prices here are about 10-20% higher than warranted in comparison to similar restaurants in this "foodie" city. That would keep us from coming back. The portions are very small and we are not big eaters so when the prices are so high it kinda gets under my skin.

1  Thank Lilybdog
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A little off the beaten track if you will Bresca is worth seeking out. Make a reservation as it only seats about 18! Creative menu with some nice wines to go with. Not inexpensive by any means and the emphasis here is on quality vs quanity. So if you are in the mood for a big juicy prime rib I would venture elsewhere! Nice music, low noise level, all made for a nice experience here. Hanger steak, pumpkin soup, salad, financier dessert were good choices.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My spouse and I had dinner at Bresca on the last night of our vacation in Maine and enjoyed every aspect of the experience from the greeting to the good-bye. The service was outstanding, efficient and non-intrusive. The place is small so reservations are a must. Because of the size of the place the menu is not extensive but every dish sounds wonderful so selection is difficult. We shared a salad with the most wonderful carmelized tomatoes I have ever tasted- they specialize in seasonal, local foods. We agreed that the pasta course, also shared, was the best we had ever tasted. The smoked mozzarella and wonderful tomatoes along with home made pasta and a light olive oil sauce was a combination made in heaven. Our main courses, roasted duck breast and hanger steak continued to meet their high standard.