“Outstanding Dinner at Brescas”
Review of Bresca - CLOSED

Bresca
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Mainer
“Outstanding Dinner at Brescas”
Reviewed October 28, 2007

We just had an outstanding meal at Bresca's in Portland. There were 5 of us, and from appetizer through desserts every dish was unique and wonderfully prepared. There was not a "weak" dish to be found. My husband and I both thought it was one of the best meals we've had in Portland (and we've dined at all the usual suspects - 555, Hugos, Fore St, Street and Co, etc). Our server was very well informed, and took the time to explain each dish. I had a fish special (cod fume with tiny clams) that was perfectly prepared. Others had a variety of pasta dishes -- all were homemade and just melted in your mouth. The desserts were equally delicious, and they had an interesting selection -- I had a dish that included an almond cake with a poached pear and cranberry compote -- heavenly! Others had the chocolate soup, and a selection of homemade gelatos. With this quality, I expected it too be far more pricey than it was. We found the prices extremely reasonable and the food exceptional. Also, the wine selected by our server was just right. We will definitely return. Just be aware that the place is tiny, and that reservations are a must on a weekend (and maybe during the week as well). They are only open for dinner, I think they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Located on Middle St, right next to Police Station. You won't be disappointed!

2 Thank Mainers