“Lacking Atmosphere”
Review of David's Restaurant

David's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
David's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 618 Restaurants in Portland
Bedford, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lacking Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food was mostly good. The Caprese salad with avocado was outstanding and I almost ordered a second serving for my entree. My husband had the Calamari with feta which was good but not special. We shared the deconstructed Lobster Ravioli and were glad we did as it was incredibly rich, yet sadly lacking in lobster, with only a few pieces provided.
Unfortunately we were seated at the back of the restaurant facing a wall. There were plenty of tables available up front both before and after we left, which disappointed us.
Overall, I would return for the Caprese salad alone, but insist, when making my reservation, that we get a table up front.

• Visited July 2014

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Next time we'll drive . . .”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Numerous times we have visited and really enjoyed both the food and service at David's 388 in South Portland. However, since this trip we were staying in town at the new Courtyard Downtown/Waterfront, we decided to give the original David's a try.

Our friends really enjoyed the crispy packets of chèvre (appetizer of the day $12). The mussels were a nice order ($12) and the oysters on the half shell ($2/each) were served with an unusual curry sauce. My burger was good, though served on an odd, dense bread with incredible truffle fries with truffle ketchup.

Our cappuccinos were attractive -- but, at best, served barely warm.

In addition, our waiter seemed preoccupied the entire evening, forgetting at times that we were waiting for service.

Though the food was good, next time we will drive to South Portland to their other location, David's 388.

Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the best in Portland!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service in a very pleasant atmosphere. The mussels were some of the best we have had anywhere. Our entrees were all delicious. Portions are ample, although not huge. Outdoor seating on the square is available when the weather cooperates.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bob T
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“One of Portland's Finest”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I went there tonight, as we had a gift certificate from our son. We had read many thing positive about this place. My wife had the famous lobster ravioli and I had a special (filet mignon). We made reservation on line yesterday. The place was rather small in the heart of town, though very nice inside with the true Portland old town feel. The micro brew beer selection was fairly good for a small dinner place. My wife had a martine that was awesome. We each ordered an app, I had a grillled peach arugula sald with blue cheese, superb. She had cajun shrimp coctail with same results...yum. Both of our dinners were absolutely perfect. They were of so good. The service was perfect and very timely. The prices are a bit on the high side, but for this type of quality menu, not that bad. We will return for sure, especially kind of a special spot for us. You can't get much better in our eyes.

1 Thank KenandToni207
Keene, New Hampshire
“A great find in Portland!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Eight of us were attending a weekend wedding and needed a place to gather for dinner on Friday night. We chose David's based on a recommendation when we booked our rooms at the Westin.
The service was excellent. I wish I had asked our server's name because she was absolutely delightful. Being eight people who had not seen each other in awhile, we were a mildly rowdy bunch and she handled our orders ( and even a glass of spilled wine) with grace and expertise. The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. The lobster and steak pizza is amazing with BIG chunks of fresh lobster and tender steak. I had the duck which had an asian flair and, again, was amazing. I will travel to Portland just to go to David's again!!