“Unassuming Homerun”
Review of David's Restaurant

David's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
David's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Cross street: Preble Street
Erie, Colorado
“Unassuming Homerun”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Have heard that tourists don't usually make it here. The focus here is clearly the food! Delicious dishes shine against a basic backdrop. The service is outstanding. Definitely check this out. I have also heard that David has a very intimate second location in South Portland where you can watch the Chef at work.

Visited February 2012

portland, maine
“Delicious meal, great menu selection, wonderful service”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

It's sometimes tough for my husband and I to find a restaurant we both like. He's more adventurous and carnivorous,I'm more cautious and comfort food. David's had something for both of us. The menu had a good selection of appetizers, a variety of entrees including steaks, seafood, and pasta, so there were quite a few great options for without being overwhelming.

The service was outstanding. We were never out of bread, the waiter took time to explain the specials and answer our questions, and we were not waiting around forever between courses, nor we're we feeling rushed.

The ambience is nice. The restaurant is almost three different areas. When you walk in there's table seating by the downtown windows on the left; straight ahead is table seating and in the back to the right is a room that was formerly the Portland press herald print room. It's like you're in a separate more intimate place with only about 4 other tables depending on the set up. Definitely the best option for a romantic meal or one where you want to talk and not be distracted by noise or restaurant activity.

The meal itself was absolutely delicious. At firs my husband was not pleased with the size of his steak ( which in my opinion was plenty big), but the enormous and ample shrimp more than made up for it and by e end he said it wasmjustnthe right portion. I had a pork tenderloin and enjoyed the side dish of sweet potatoes just as much. Everything was cooked perfectly, it was nice and warm, and the flavor profiles were so tasty.

I would definitely recommend this great local restaurant and we look forward to going back again!

Cumberland Foreside Maine
“Good lunch spot downtown”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Wonderful soups and breads, very accommodating when my husband was hospitalized and need a great hamburger for supper!

Boston
“Delightful Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

While visiting Portland over the weekend, we chose to sample the fare at David's on Monument Square. Although we did not have a reservation, we were seated immediately at a small table at the rear of the restaurant. The menu offered some very creative dishes. We enjoyed the tender lobster cakes (this is Maine after all!) and mildly spicy cajun-grilled shrimp cocktail as appetizers and then shared a delicious "catch of the day" seafood special (haddock) and the pork tenderloin with bacon and balsamic apples. Delicious! Our waitress
was also quite attentive and friendly. We recommend this cozy little spot and we understand that the owner/chef just received Maine's Chef Of The Year award!

2 Thank NewEnglandLover
Gorham, Maine
“Nice place to dine”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My wife and I took another couple who were visiting the city out to dinner. We had to make reservations on short notice on a Saturday night and checked with David's, and we were able to get in. We had a nice comforatable table for 4. We like David's as you can carry on a quiet conversation without straining to hear over the other diners. It is not on the water, and there is no view. There is a parking garage right next to Monument Square for parking. The service was paced just right. Our server gave us plenty of time to look over the menu while she got our drinks. From start to finish the meal was excellent. I think the prices are reasonable for what you get. I would recommend David's anytime!