Morrill Mansion Bed & Breakfast
  • Pool
Clarion Hotel(Portland)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bguest loungecustardsdvd collectionbread puddingsitting roomwhoopie piesfrench toasthome bakedcookieslobsterold portcommon roomfresh fruitoff street parkingbrowniewonderful bed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We stayed at the Morrill Mansion for one night, which happened to be my Birthday. Unbeknownst to me, my girlfriend contacted the owner and he arranged a very special treat for us that was waiting in the room. It is this personalized service that exemplifies why the Morrill Mansion gets rated so highly on TripAdvisor. Our room was well decorated, had a comfortable bed, and nice bathroom. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank abfdc
Reviewed July 12, 2007

My husband and I stayed in Morrill Mansion Bed & Breakfast in June 2007. There are a lot of informative and nice reviews that have been already submitted to TA, so I do not want to repeat them all :-) My short version is this B&B is very nice. Our room was clean and nicely decorated. David (the owner and the host) is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great! If we ever come back to Portland, we would stay here again. So I would definitely recommend this place to everybody - for an enjoyable stay in Portland.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VA07
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Very nice B&B in the West End of Portland. Its about a 15-20 minutes walk to the Old Port area and 10 minutes to the Art Museum. Room was nicely decorated and the bath was fine. We thought the bed was very comfortable and the shower in the bath was great. Only problem with the room was the lack of storage...no place reallly to hang anything and the bathroom had a shelf but they were fully filled with various bathroom amenities. There was a dresser if one wished to put clothes in the drawers. We tried to move things around to accommodate our belongings and we don't really travel with alot. Breakfast was a buffet that offered coffee, juices, baked goods, fruits, yogurt, egg and cereal. The guest living room was stocked with fresh baked goods every day and cold drinks. They also had coffee available in the lr beginning at 6 am.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank dl
Reviewed May 26, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Morrill Mansion on Thursday the 24th of May, during our 2 week tour of Massachusetts and Maine. During our trip we stayed in 7 great B&B's in places such as Martha's Vineyard, Bar Harbour and Boston but the Morrill Mansion in Portland topped the lot!

The location is great: easy to find, plenty of parking and only a 10-minute walk to the town centre or the old port area.

The building is impressive with many period features but each of the rooms have been tastefuly modernised while retaining their original charm. We stayed in the Marston room and thoroughly recommend it: great colour scheme too!

Each room has a fridge with complimentary refreshments and there is also a small bowl of chocolates on the bedside table. The lounge area offers free coffee and home-made treats are available during the day. Rooms have new TV's and DVD players and a library of DVD's are available to watch.

There are many more outstanding features of the MM but essentially, it is a very clean, quality B&B with extremely friendly (but not intrusive) staff.

Staying at the MM made our stay in Portland and I would recommend it to anyone.

I've stayed in Four Seasons, Mandarin Orientals and Ritz Carltons around the world and the fantastic attention to detail and impressive service delivered by the MM (for the price) is on a par with such lofty venues.

I cannot lavish enough praise on this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RickOakley
Reviewed April 1, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at MM the last weekend in March in the Jr. Suite (Bramhall Room). The innkeeper was welcoming, informative and friendly from the second we walked in the door. Our room was clean and comfortable. I was particularly impressed with the cleanliness of the bathroom. My boyfriend and I especially loved the plush and comfy-ness of the bed. Our room was exactly how it was described both on this website and the property's website, and the home-y comforts well exceeded our expectations. My boyfriend would highly reccommend that any visitor with a sweet tooth visit the lounge on the second floor for homemade goodies.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple