“Outstanding in everyway.. Rooms, host, food and value.”

Morrill Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 12 Portland B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“Outstanding in everyway.. Rooms, host, food and value.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night and I wish we could have stayed longer. We were greeted by David who had plenty of time to chat with his guests and made us feel welcome. We stayed in the Burnham Room and we could not have been more comfortable. Like everyone else has said the towels are to die for, fluffy fluffy, fluffy. Beautiful original tin ceiling in the bathroom which was quite spacious and everything you need. Small frig hidden behind a curtain with water, TV etc. Never turned the TV on. Guest sitting room on second floor which is stocked with tea, coffee and fresh homemade delicious chocolate cookies. The continental breakfast is beyound your typical continental breakfast. Homemade french toast with wild blueberry topping, homemade muffins, fresh fruit the best pineapple we ever had, bagels and a wonderful chocolate pudding. The building was restored with love and the furnishings are wonderful and comfortable.

The cost for such a wonderful B & B is quite reasonable. You must leave your car in the lot and walk downtown. Again, if you stayed anywhere else in Portland you could add another $100 to your room and not even come close to enjoying such a wonderful establishment. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Every room is great. This B & B is beyond clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bonesConnecticut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed in a room on the ground floor, the room was very nice and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was rather small but modern and nice. What I really appreciated about this place is how clean and fresh everything was, this is so important to me. Good quality towels and linens, and nice touches. We have stayed at other places which are musty and very Victorian, not here. This room is on the front of the inn and was a bit too noisy for me, but it depends on how sensitive to noise you are. The only thing that keeps this from being perfect for us was the breakfasts, while good, they could be improved a bit.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife & I stayed for 4 nights. Everything was perfect. Our room was spacious & tastefully decorated. (no teddy bears...) Bathroom was fully up-to-date. I did not know such fluffy towels existed. (now I want new towels at home...) The room was stocked with all the essentials: hair dryer, iron, q-tips & a few extras: snacks, corkscrew etc.

Breakfast was a treat. It had the basics: toast, bagel, fresh fruit & cereal. Then there was the freshly prepared stuff - something new each day: Pancakes & blueberries, lobster souffle, eggs & lobster, and a special pudding or custard. Our friends who stayed in a local Hilton were jealous...

The owner was friendly and will to give advise on places to go in Portland.

No question - a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Third floor requires 2 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin w
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I took an impromptu visit to Portland and were able to get a room for 3 nights in this amazing B&B. we read multiple reviews on the place - all of them glowing. No one had a bad thing to say about it or the owner, David. And now after sating there we have to agree. We had an amazing trip. Breakfast is served every morning and I was always incredible. We were in walking distance to everything in town. David spent time with us answering all questions about where to eat, what to see, etc. we would absolutely return!

• Stayed July 2012
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 30, 2012

When my wife and I jumped at cheap airfare and booked a trip to see the leaves turn up here in Maine I had no idea that rooms were stupidly expensive in Portland. But then I discovered the Morrill Mansion and its rooms. While they are not cheap ($225 all in for a Monday night last week) the Hilton Garden Inn was almost $400. We had a room on the 2nd floor in the corner. Great colors, bedding and amenities. The innkeeper David was a great guy who knew the area as well as his hotel. He helped us carry our bags upstairs and showed us the room. It was quiet and clean. The bed was one of the best hotel beds I have slept on (and I average over 150 night a year on them). Some reviews complain about the steps but they were fine for us. Parked our stupidly large rental SUV (all they had left) out back with no worries. The surrounding area was fine and it was about a 15 minute walk to the good restaurants and bars. My wife loved the wall colors and shower. I loved the shower and bed. I would stay here again and encourage anyone who needs a room in Portland to look here and if it is available book it without hesitation. And then when you wake up the next morning David will have a wonderful breakfast waiting for you. Can't lose.

Room Tip: We booked a corner room on the second floor. It was on a street but we had the wiondow open and slep...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank okienla
coppell texas usa
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights at the Mansion. It was very comfortable. Breakfast was Great! It was a bit of a walk to the Old Port area, but an enjoyable one with many different routes and sites to see. I really appreciated the tea and coffee stations for use at your convenience. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank barbaradtaylor
Gilmer, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in many b&b's but never have stayed in one as well managed as this one and fear I never will again. The rooms are spacious and immaculate, the breakfasts are deliciously different everyday, and the entire atmosphere is friendly and inviting. It was a little more expensive than the typical b&b but makes up for it in amenities. Eggless raspberry custard, lobster soufflés, crisps, fluffy pancakes with fresh blueberry topping-wish I could wake-up to this every morning! If you are in the Portland area and looking for a great place to stay, this is it!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple