“Small Wedding Dinner”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Caiola's is a gem of a little restaurant. After having an amazing brunch one Sunday, we decided to have a family dinner after our elopement in South Portland. Caiola's let us reserve the back dinning room, which was the perfect size for our group of 20+ people. We decided to just use their typical menu and let our guests order right from the menu. If we had wanted, we could have put together a family style dinner. The entire staff is so friendly and it is clear that they love what they do. In terms of the food, it is top notch. From appetizers to the main dishes to desserts, our entire party loved everything. They also put a few kid options on the menu as we had several kids in our group. We will definitely be going back to Caiola's the next time we are in Portland!

There are newer reviews for Caiola's

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the Inn Keeper at a B&B that my wife and I were staying. We didn't have a reservation, but I would recommend having one.

We were lucky to have been brought through the kitchen, "goodfellas style" and ended up in the second dining room. It was so quaint and the food was off the charts. If you are in Portland, ME, this is the place to go for Italian food.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just what the reviews led me to expect. Small, felt like a neighborhood place. Service was excellent. Food was very good. Not a place I would rave about but I would very definitely go back in a flash. Excellent combination of quality and price.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The eggplant parmesan was absolutely delicious. The service was excellent. The wine selection was wonderful. A perfect night out. Don't forget to make a reservation!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have been here before and had a great experience but after tonight I will never go back! I don't know what was worse the fact there was a GIANT RAT dining next to us on the back patio or that we were never approached by a manger after we could not finish our meal outside. The entire situation was extremely poorly handled. We had to finish our wine inside and only our server apologized. I certainly did not expect a comped meal but a simple apology from a manager would have gone a long way. Our server simple stated the rat had been there since the day before and they were trying to get rid of it. Well they obviously hadn't tried hard enough since they knew about the situation and still continued to serve food outside. Absolutely disgusting!!!!

3  Thank ldME