“Great place to eat before seeing a play”

The Front Room Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #76 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: If you’re looking for a great brunch spot in Portland, Maine you have come to the right place! The Front Room offers a variety of affordable dishes that the entire family will love. Chef Lee Harding has dedicated his life to the culinary arts and focuses on using only the freshest Maine ingredients in his creations. His philosophy is simple; use the best local ingredients to convey the boldest flavors. With a vibrant atmosphere and open dining room, The Front Room continues to be a hit among Portland locals. Huge portions of sensational dishes will fill you up without breaking your wallet. The Front room is the third restaurant founded in Harding’s “The Rooms” brand of restaurants, so don’t miss out on this local hotspot! Remember, The Front Room serves brunch seven days a week and with menu items like Biscuits and Gravy or Omelets and Silver Dollar Pancakes. You can’t go wrong! If you are interested in dinning with us later in the day, try some local favorites like Short Ribs or Lamb Shepard’s pie. A fully stocked bar, open from 8am-11pm, complemented by an energetic atmosphere makes the Front Room a must for those who crave a great neighborhood spot to call their own.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Directly across the street from Good Theater in the St. Lawrence on Munjoy Hill. Always crowded on production nights, it can be more than a bit noisy, but the food is invariably delicious. For those
with a smaller appetite, the duck leg appetizer with a salad or soup can be filling. We have never
had a meal we did not enjoy thoroughly!

1  Thank thebookreader

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went here for breakfast and twas quoted a wait of a half hour wait. I was seated within 10 min. When seated It was a wooden bench with some small pillows. I have a bad back and usually can't sit in a restaurant seat for long at all but the seating was perfect. The server was very attentive and friendly. I ordered french toast, 3 sides of bacon, and a side of brown bread. My date ordered an eggs Benedict and said that it was the best that she had ever had. The food arrived in less than 15 min and was piping hot. There was a large crowd there and a surprisingly large amount of small children that were all very well behaved. When the leftovers were packed up for us to bring home the server wrote the name of the restaurant and the date on the box. I will definitely return every time that I go to Portland.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My favorite Portland restaurant...Fabulous meals at good prices with a New York City kind of feel...The beef ribs and meat loaf are masterpieces, seafood prepared with great know-how the appetizers brilliantly conceived,...and never a disappointment (except for not getting in several times)...go early and wait at the very lively bar,it`s well worth it !... My family gave me a visit here a few years back for my 70th birthday, and it was enjoyed by all...

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love their menu, great fresh variety in a fun open-cook setting. I always have a great meal here whether for brunch or dinner they never disappoint. Expect to wait but it's totally worth it.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Did you an excellent breakfast and brunch. We had egg white and regular egg omelettes. Have a nice variety of vegetables and meats to put in it and cheeses. The breads are all very good ranging from French baguette to standard bread to focaccia . I had to focaccia with an egg white omelette which is very good. I had a side of Ranchero sauce which I recommend. You can also get the rancheros sauce with the huevos. Service is friendly and the atmosphere relaxing with music and bar seating .It is located on the top of Munjoy Hill. We didn't get the lunch items but there's plenty of sandwiches and hot items. The bar serves a good bloody Mary in addition to everything else. Nice spot and after you can walk around the east end and check out Casco Bay.