“Rising Prices Not Justified”

The Front Room Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #49 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: If you’re looking for a great brunch spot in Portland, Maine you have come to the right place! The Front Room offers a variety of affordable dishes that the entire family will love. Chef Lee Harding has dedicated his life to the culinary arts and focuses on using only the freshest Maine ingredients in his creations. His philosophy is simple; use the best local ingredients to convey the boldest flavors. With a vibrant atmosphere and open dining room, The Front Room continues to be a hit among Portland locals. Huge portions of sensational dishes will fill you up without breaking your wallet. The Front room is the third restaurant founded in Harding’s “The Rooms” brand of restaurants, so don’t miss out on this local hotspot! Remember, The Front Room serves brunch seven days a week and with menu items like Biscuits and Gravy or Omelets and Silver Dollar Pancakes. You can’t go wrong! If you are interested in dinning with us later in the day, try some local favorites like Short Ribs or Lamb Shepard’s pie. A fully stocked bar, open from 8am-11pm, complemented by an energetic atmosphere makes the Front Room a must for those who crave a great neighborhood spot to call their own.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Burgers used to be $8 not much over a year or so ago, now they're $17 with fries thrown in... Other menu items seem to have crept up in price but the place just hasn't been able to maintain the level of quality it had when it first opened. Really not worth the price, but I suppose when a place is so popular that it's always overflowing, these things will happen. But wait no more, rarely do I see a full dining room these days but for perhaps a few peak hours a week. Not surprising. Last year, their menu said $8. for the burger online, but when I shoewd up it was at $13. - and even though I pointed out to the bartender - on my phone's browser - the mistake in price that had gotten me in the door, not even a hint of honoring the advertised price. My friend and I walked at that point. Been back a couple times since for dinner. It's quite decent food. Wait staff seems to have in general gained quite the lofty impression of itself and it's lost it's down-to-earth, good-value-for-the- (not actually cheap) coin feel... just another restaurant now. Hopefully Munjoy Hill gets another good dining choice sometimes soon...

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Should have known what we were in for when our server greeted us saying it was her first night serving all alone. Normally this would not bother us at all, BUT.....you are in the serving industry (1) take the 1 inch "safety pin" piercing out of your nostril (2) wear a shirt that looks like it was ironed and not crumpled up (3) get a haircut where we can make eye contact with each other while you present the specials.
Disappointed in the small, blah food and quite amazed at the 'specials' prices upon receiving the bill. Now we understand why prices were not noted on the 'specials' menu. $22.00 for a piece of cod the size of a small wallet ? We split a mussel appetizer.............both felt queasy this morning. Definitely last time here

Reviewed November 12, 2012

If your looking for a small neighborhood eatery then look up the Front room. This resturant is on the corner of a local neighborhood so you could easily drive by. The place is small and they dont take reservations but try to find a parking spot and wait for a table. The small resturant and open kitchen lends to the comfort food style. The two best things we had saturday night was the asparagus, bacon and poched egg salad and the pasta carabonara. Awsome.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a very nice brunch here. we were a group of 7 and our food was delicious. the bloody mary's were good also. I find the servers a little detached.... Our waitress seemed bored. the restaurant was very busy but not too noisy. French onion soup, gnocchi,beet salad, all very good.
i would go back again!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was visiting my brother in Portland recently, and we decided to try a new restaurant. I'm so glad that we decided on the Front Room. In a word, we loved it! The atmosphere was very inviting and our server Hannah did a great job (sorry if i've misspelled your name) . But, the food was the best part.The Brussel sprouts app. was the best app. i have ever tasted. If you like Brussel Sprouts, you will love this even more. Our meals were just as wonderful. Very tasty and flavorful.
I am a server in Albany NY and tend to be picky about restaurants. So, when i say a restaurant is great, i mean it!
Thanks to everyone there for a fabulous experience. Can't wait to be back!