“Yowzah - that was deeelish!!!!”
Review of Duckfat

Duckfat
Ranked #17 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stopped here on a trip to Bangor and had no idea about it other than what we read on tripadvisor. We're foodies and can spot a bad restaurant a mile away. We drove past once and almost leaped out of the car. Just the whole vibe seemed right. There were people waiting and we had planned to get takeout anyway so I went in to order and even though it was very busy I have never had someone so calm and patient while taking my order. She kept saying "yup, sure, absolutely" all these great positive words to all my questions. We ordered a bunch of things and the order was right on the money. The drinks - fresh lemonade - was probably the best lemonade I've ever had. The fries were delicous, we got a few paninni's - the best was the pork belly and the meatloaf (didn't groove to the flaked halibut at all but my kid liked it). We also got donut holes. Everything was so good we just sat in the car and ate to savor the experience. The neighborhood was swell so we opened the windows, ate out of the bag and it was a really fun experience. Loved the restroom too. It was like being in an airstream bathroom. Very functional but not a lick of extra space. It was perfect, as was the food and service. I'll be back.

1  Thank view2mtn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had to wait 30 minutes but they give us a gadget to take with us and when it rings, it means our table is ready. I liked that... And the food was great with delicious fries. The kids also liked it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This restaurant is a great casual spot for a light meal - light as in Panini, soups, and salads - no entrees. But oh, what wonderful Panini and fries. One Panini which I split with my companion was topped with bacon jam, a most delicious condiment. Every ingredient in each dish is top quality. Such a dependably wonderful place for a relatively quick meal - once you are seated. Extremely popular. Outside dining, too.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went to Duckfat because it was on the cooking channel. Although the pannini was good, they are not anything really special. The fries cooked in duckfat were ok, tasted ordinary to me. I like the place, but having to wait 30 or 40 minutes, nope.

1  Thank Josephine G
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have been obsessing over their fries for weeks since visiting. We had to wait a bit on the sidewalk to get a table.... but it was well with the wait. The highlight of my trip to Portland.

Been to Duckfat? Share your experiences!