“While in Town”

Duckfat
Ranked #9 of 614 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
Portland, Maine
“While in Town”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I came here with family after wanting to visit it for the longest time, since people had been raving about the fries forever. We had an order of fries (duh), poutine, and some milkshakes. The poutine was great (although its a pretty straight forward item) but the fries sadly did not meet the expectations I had for them, I thought it would be this earth shattering event that redefined fries for me, perhaps I simply overestimated what people had been saying, I was however very pleased with the dipping sauces that are made in house. That all being said, the milkshakes were great...the best thing I had there! While I don't intend to visit often I would still highly recommend it to anyone in town...at least for them to say they tried them.

Osage Beach, Missouri
“Cold day, warm food,”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our plane just landed in Portland, Maine and we were off for a good lunch spot. The person sitting by us on the plane suggested this little quaint place called "Duckfat". With a name like that, we just had to try it. We pulled up and it looked like they had shoveled the snow just for our car. As we sat down we were served with French Fries cooked in duck fat with a wide assortment of dipping sauces, yes they do have Heinz ketchup as well. Those fries along with our grilled turkey sandwich was just what we were looking for. Now it was time to head north in search of LOBSTA!
Look for my reviews of JR Maxwells and the Brass Compass Cafe!

Waterville, Maine, United States
“A Portland favorite. ”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Duckfat is one of my favorite places in Portland. A simple uncluttered menu, great flavors, wonderful atmosphere, local beers on tap and a friendly staff. Highly recommend.

Portland, Maine
“Believe the hype!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Duckfat is totally worth the trip. You can put your name in, get a beeper, and go next door to the fabulous East Ender for a cocktail and app while you wait. If you can get the high-top table in the front window, the people-watching is pretty decent and you'll have plenty of room to stretch out in the confines of the nook.

Once you're perusing the menu, the roasted pork belly and duck confit panini are both top-notch and the fries are, of course, amazing. Try the Thai chili mayo for dipping.

• Visited September 2013
Ithaca, New York
“Awesome menu, great soup”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wish I was in town longer to try additional menu items. The tomato fennel soup and fries are great. Good local beer selection.