“MORE”

Duckfat
Ranked #16 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I loved every dish I had, Great local beer on tap. I'd visit Portland again just to eat here!!!!!!
GO there, now.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had to try this place after seeing a spot on it on The Cooking Channel. We went at an "off time" and it was still buzzing. The duck fat fries with anything on it is a must--we tried it with truffle ketchup, and then tried the potine fries--oh my, oh my. If you love gravy you have to have it. Our sandwiches seemed to be more secondary after we started to eat the fries, although both were very good. The sandwiches are not large and overflowing with ingredients, rather just enough to satisfy. We would definitely return.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is an awesome spot although I think my cardiovascular system is glad that we don't live nearby! The fries are outrageous - our favorite sauce was the truffle ketchup. Sandwiches are absolutely delicious and ask for suggestions to pair with the perfect local brew.
I'd suggest sharing a sandwich and fries among 2 people.

2  Thank elynchking
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Small space, lots of counter seating. But the food was delicious! All very fresh and well done. The fries are out of this world!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Small, but amazing..... great view of the bay, the BEST poutine I have ever had.. ( get it with the sunnyside up egg on top)... latest local ales and brews... a MUST stop in Portland!!! MUST!!!

Been to Duckfat? Share your experiences!