“a bit hard to find.....but well worth the effort!”
Review of Duckfat

Duckfat
Ranked #9 of 614 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
East Orleans, Massachusetts
“a bit hard to find.....but well worth the effort!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

we circled the block (many one-way Portland streets) this hidden gem has an orange striped awning, but no prominent sign. glad we found it for a quick late afternoon bite today. great locally brewed draft beers, and their fabulous fries!!!!! can't wait to return for their panninis and soups.

Lincoln, New Hampshire
“Simply yummy!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped in to Duckfat tonight and had a wonderful experience. Great wait staff, efficient and lovely. The fries were everything they were hyped up to be and more - brussel sprout salad was incredible - will be back for more of the salads. Husband had the pork sirloin panini sandwich which was tasty too. All around great vibe,perfectly seasoned food and attention to details which I love. I am not easy to please and felt the place was perfect.

Goffstown, NH
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wanted to try Duckfat and I wasn't disappointed. My husband and I shared the lamb and black lentil soup, fries with Thai Chili Mayo, the BGT (bacon, goat cheese and tomato panini), as well as mint and lime soda and theoriginal duckfat milkshake. Wow. It was so good.

the restaurant is small. At 3pm on a Friday we squeezed into the only 2 open seats which was the small bar looking right into the kitchen. Loved watching what was being served. Next time, we'll definitely be ordering off the Charcuterie menu

Portland, Maine
“My #1 spot in Portland!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ever since this place originally opened it has always been top of my list for a GREAT panini or snack. It has sometimes been hard to get a seat, especially if all you want is fries and a shake, but I've always been happy to wait.
My friends and I love the bar 'word wall'.

Visited February 2013
Maine
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I popped in to Ducfat to finally try Poutine for the first time and I wasn't dissapointed.
It's a small establishment and has a very friendly atmosphere. Our wait person was great, he had suggested a couple delicious small plates to go along with the Poutine topped with a quail egg.
I tried a Pemequid oyster stout that was great, I was a bit skeptical at first, based solely on the name.
The entire experience was fun, I'll certainly return.