“Great experience”
Review of Casco Bay Islands

Casco Bay Islands
Ranked #4 of 146 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: An archipelago of islands off of Portland.
Key West, Florida
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

In less than two hours you get a great overview of Casio bay's lands and a glimpse into the history and island lifestyle. Weather was perfect, birds were flying, lobster men were hauling. Just a great day in Maine.

1 Thank Annie F

Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great for a ride in Casco Bay”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend and I didn't have much time, so we took the Peaks Island ferry round trip for less than an hour. Lots of families got on in both directions--it must be a daytrip destination. We just wanted a water experience and it was wonderful to see Portland from the water, to see a big cruise ship that was docked there and a tanker leaving the port. Watching the ferryboat staff manage the big ferry was interesting. It turns around on the way back and has to back into the slip in Portland Harbor!

1 Thank fortlew1
toronto
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“Take the mailboat run”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My cruise ship docked in Portland so I took the 10.00 am mailboat run. $15.50 for the three hour trip. Excellent commentary provided by the Captain. They also provide a nice map so you can see where you are going.
Great way to see all the comings and goings of local people.
We saw a bald eagle as well.
Andrew

1 Thank tocanada2
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Time from my life that I will never get back”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

To be fair I think this probably is a decent attraction at a decent price however my husband and I decided on our anniversary to take one of the cruises since it was such beautiful weather. I went to the counter to purchase tickets and the women there pointed me towards the peaks island cruise. She said there was lots to do there such as rent bikes and have lunch. I specifically asked her are there a bunch of places to eat and she said yes. When we arrived on peaks island everything is closed for the season except one dingy looking cafe. There was not even a bar open to pass the time before the next ferry back. I understand that maybe peaks island is more of a summer destination but the people who work for this company should probably be more knowledgeable.

3 Thank Crissy1157
albie02
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“casco bay lines”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

A great way with a great availability schedule to see the island or islands. We choose the mail run. About two hours stops at several of the islands and there is a narrator that provides great short description of each island.
I would say any ferry service you choose from this company will not disappoint,