“The food is better than the server's attitude”
Review of The Farmer's Table - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Farmer's Table
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Mediterranean inspired food utilizing local, sustainable ingredients. Two beautiful outdoor decks in season overlooking the Portland Waterfront. Completely organic and sustainable wine list along with a great variety of locally crafted beers. Serving lunch, brunch and dinner in a very comfortable setting.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“The food is better than the server's attitude”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and had our date night in Portland tonight and we like to visit a few places for beverages and appetizers. The Farmer's Table was our third and last stop. We sat up on the upper deck which had a lovely view of Portland Harbor. My wife ordered the sangria, and I alas had water (I was driving). I caught a bit of "attitude" from the waiter, Paul, that I was not ordering an adult beverage. My wife ordered the small burger with avocado, and I was excited to order the pork burger with pancetta, pork confit and barbecue pulled pork. Paul was quick to let me know that the burger was child sized, again with the disapproving attitude so I ordered the large one. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her burger. My large pork burger was so tall, I had to deconstruct it to eat it. The quality was very good, but the flavors were unremarkable. The burger came with a large order of fries which were good and crispy. I had a very hard time getting the cole slaw onto my fork, but it ended up being very nice. Paul came back with the bill and I asked for change. Again with the "attitude". I always tip well, but I still think it is my choice. The change came back minus the coins, and I left my usual 20% tip, but this is the first time I have ever gotten less than the whole amount back. Is this something new; you only get get the bills? We used to call that petty stealing when I was a waiter back in the day. Bottom line: lovely setting, good food, good sized portions, bad
attitude from Paul, the waiter.

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Way overpriced, tiny portions...”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went here for dinner on Sat night with two friends. My friends both ordered the same thing -- Zuppe de pesce. When the server brought them to the table, right away we noticed that one dish had about 10 mussels and the other only had 3 mussels! I wonder if the kitchen staff/server even noticed the huge discrepancy. We pointed it out to our server and she ended up bringing out a whole new order so that definately saved the dinner experience. Overall they skimped on the amount of other seafood (ie. fish) that was supposed to be in it.
This place is overpriced. The portion sizes are tiny. I'm from Boston and you can get the same sort of dish 3x the size for the same amount of money. Never going back here and will not recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank princess w
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The must have been a change in ownership”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Based on the reviews here vs. the experience I got I can only assume that there was a change in ownership/chefs. The customer service was terrible. We were seated for 20 minutes before a waitress even poured us water and then I had to go inside to find the waitress to get the check when we were finished. The food was bland and overcooked. The salad consisted of 4 leaves and an egg. It was terrible. When I looked at the news article on the wall of the restaurant the design of the restaurant was completely different which also makes me think someone new owns it. I would not go back here or recommend it to anyone.

Fresno, California
“A little bland”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had read good and bad reviews about this place but would have to admit that the one that says with so many great resturants in Portland skip this place. The seasoning is bland. The steak was not cooked properly. One a good note the gelato was great.

Visited June 2013
Niagara Falls, New York
“Fresh, local”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Doing the Food Channel tour of Portland and Farmers Table made a great stop. The locally grown salad with local blue cheese dressing was delicious. Enjoyed my Zuppa de Pesce. Friendly service and good beer!