The Westin Portland Harborview
$185
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$150
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$309
$259
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $294/night.

$262
$204
1,211 results
All reviewsrooftop barheavenly bedfront desktop floorfloor loungeold portvalet parkingarts districtfree shuttleself parkshuttle serviceroom keyvery nice hotelcorner roomguest roomscongress streetnice stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a platinum SPG member I always seek Starwood properties when I travel. Sometimes I'm disappointed in their location, especially in smaller cities like Portland. That's not the case in Portland, ME. The Westin is in a great location with a free shuttle to take you throughout the old port if you don't feel like walking, however there's no place within the old port that I would consider an unreasonable walk.

The hotel is a historic hotel that's been renovated and the rooms aren't huge, but they're spacious and many of them face the port. If you're not lucky enough to have one of these rooms go to the bar on the top floor which has excellent views and is definitely worth a visit - especially if you're a platinum member and you get free drink coupons :)

The gym is nice, doesn't have windows, but definitely sufficient for a hotel.

Valet parking is expensive, but very efficient. You don't really need a car if you're just planning to stay in Portland.. Of course, if you do want to go to Allagash or Kennebunkport or something like that you'll need a car.

I've stayed probably half a dozen times and will continue to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Travel Bear,

Thanks for your review. We are pleased you were able to enjoy so many of our great ammenities. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

I was a little bit worried about the Westin when we pulled up, as it is in the heart of the city and it was hard to tell how old it was. Once you enter the lobby, it becomes very clear to you that you are in a luxury hotel. The rooms are wonderful, beds are extremely comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. When you go, head up to the 15th floor for a great view of the warf and the Lobster rolls are quite amazing too.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear Larry,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such nice commnets regarding our hotel. The building itself is 90 years old and a historic landmark, but as you mentioned the inside has been completly updated and modernized. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel in a great location. While the room I had wasn’t ideal (not a king), the bed was still comfortable and clean. And who needs a room with a view when you can grab a drink and relax at the Top of the East bar on the 15th floor.

This hotel provides Westin quality at reasonable rates. While I wish SPG had a better membership program, I have never been let down by a Westin property. And this hotel was no exception.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Joe D, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Dear Joel,

Thank you so much for your review. I am please we exceeded your expectations during your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

This is my 3rd and final stay at this property. They could care less about Platinum members. The out of the way room they put me in on the 2nd level 1 window had the view of a parking garage a few feet away the other window was a parking lot. Also my 1st day there I had to call to get my room made up @ 6pm.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Joe D, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Dear Joe,

On behalf of the hotel I would like to apologized for the bad expereinces you have had at our hotel. As a Platinum Member I can understand how frustrating it must have been to not be upgraded and not get your room serviced until 6pm. I have shared your comments with our team to use this as a teaching moment so we can improve our service that we do offer. We take your satisfaction very serious here at the Westin and I want to make sure this gets resolved to your satisfaction. Please call the hotel and ask for the GM and I will be happy to get this right for you.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

This hotel was absolutely incredible! We were coming to Portland for the first time for our anniversary, and we stumbled across the Westin in our search for dog friendly hotels and we were blown away by their customer service from the second we walked in! The front desk staff was an absolute dream, and they went above and beyond to make us feel so welcome and comfortable, even with our big doggo! They brought a bed and bowls for her and gave her endless treats and love, she seriously loved this place!! For our anniversary, they had a bottle of wine, a sweet handwritten note, and chocolates for us in our room upon arrival-so sweet to have a hotel actually still do this! Our room was huge, clean, comfortable, and quiet! The top floor of the hotel is an amazing lounge/restaurant with sweeping views of the harbor and the most amazing place to take in the sunset! Keep in mind this is a HUGE 15 story hotel with a bunch of rooms, so elevators can take a minute but hey, you’re in Portland in a great hotel so who cares! The gym on site is absolutely amazing and the shuttle drivers were always on time, happy, informative, and let us have our dog in the trunk! For mother's day, they even had heart shaped macaroons and roses you could grab and give to your mother or special woman in your life, so thoughtful! We didn't have enough time to pop into the spa or the C2 restaurant downstairs, but they both looked gorgeous and incredible! We had the best weekend here and are already looking for an excuse to come back!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: the entire hotel is dog friendly with no size limit!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Annie,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review of our property. It seems your were able to enjoy many facits of our hotel. We appreciate your business and your loyalty. We look forward to your next trip.