1,288 results
All reviewsrooftop barheavenly bedspg membertop floorfloor loungeold portvalet parkingbeautiful hotelarts districtshuttle servicefree shuttleroom keycorner roomcongress streetguest roomsnice stayvalet staff
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night as we were visiting Portland to see a concert. We chose the hotel based on its proximity to CCCC, as well as its dog-friendly status. The hotel has undergone a serious renovation and it is lovely. The room was immaculate, and nicely modernized with a huge shower in the bathroom. The entire hotel smells like White Tea, and it is positively delicious. I would absolutely return to stay, as the location was perfect for a walk to dinner in the Old Port, and its centralized location makes it accessible for many other adventures in Portland- such as a trip to the Portland Art Museum right across the street.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview Hotel. We hope you enjoyed the concert!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked my wedding reception here and the hotel is beautiful both the guest rooms and the ballroom. I tried the lobster rolls at the restaurant and it was the best I have ever had. The staff has been great to work with as well. I can't wait for my wedding day .

• Stayed: April 2014

Congratulations! Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview for your wedding reception. We are greatly looking forward to it!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've stayed at this place when it was the old Eastland Park, and the Westin a much, much nicer, but also, much more expensive. I had originally booked a suite and requested a high floor for Memorial Day weekend, not so much for the view (although that is nice) but because lower floor rooms can be noisy, particularly ones that face High St. When we checked in, we got a low floor suite right on High St. While it looked really nice and was huge, we could tell already that the street noise would be bothersome. I called down to the front desk, and manager told me that while all the suites were sold out, he could show us another room up on the 12th fl. that was very private had great views. Sure enough, when we saw the room, although, it was obviously much smaller than the suite, it had floor to ceiling corner windows with great views of the bay and it was in a private little corner on the north side of the hotel (on the opposite end of the Top of the Park), so we moved up there and were very happy.

The only meals we had at the Westin were breakfast - we booked a special breakfast package through AAA. Breakfast was pretty good, but really expensive - it would have cost the two of us in the range of $50 (not including tax or tip) per day, if I hadn't booked the AAA package. I would expect that in a fancy business hotel in NYC, SF or LA, but not in Portland, ME. We also had drinks with some local friends at the Top of the Park, which has the same spectacular view, but is nicer, and a bit larger than before. Drink prices were high, but not outrageously so.

I also thought the valet parking service was very good. I've read some complaints about the cost, but I thought $24 per day was not that bad. If you are dropping off you car and don't plan to use it much until check out, then parking at one of the nearby muni lots may make sense, but since we were using our car 2-3 times each day, then having the unlimited in/out was really convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up and away from High St. are quieter, but rooms on the 14th fl right under the bar may be noisier.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear you were able to experience both our restaurant C2 and Lounge, Top of the East. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Very nice place. Clean, new, big.
I will keep an awesome memory of the car valet crew: nice ,efficient, pro-active.
We found the breakfast super expensive (~$30 per person: coffee, juice, sandwich, yogurt).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Our valet team continually recieve praise from our guests. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Overall had a great experience at the hotel. It was what you would expect from a new standard city Westin hotel. The BIG plus is the service. The staff is kind and willing to help assist or offer advice to the out of towner. Also the 15th floor has a great almost 360 degree view of all of Portland, and perfect for an afternoon drink. The downside is that this hotel is off the beaten path, and while the hotel offers a free shuttle to almost anywhere you would want to go, the walk is about 10-15 minutes to the old port.

As a plat SPG member I would recommend this and stay here again. I am glad there is finally an SPG property in Portland.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the comments. We are pleased to be able to present a Starwood option in the Portland, ME area. Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview.