1,299 results
All reviews rooftop bar heavenly bed top floor floor lounge old port valet parking beautiful hotel arts district shuttle service free shuttle room key corner room congress street guest rooms nice stay valet staff coffee maker
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Overall had a great experience at the hotel. It was what you would expect from a new standard city Westin hotel. The BIG plus is the service. The staff is kind and willing to help assist or offer advice to the out of towner. Also the 15th floor has a great almost 360 degree view of all of Portland, and perfect for an afternoon drink. The downside is that this hotel is off the beaten path, and while the hotel offers a free shuttle to almost anywhere you would want to go, the walk is about 10-15 minutes to the old port.

As a plat SPG member I would recommend this and stay here again. I am glad there is finally an SPG property in Portland.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for the comments. We are pleased to be able to present a Starwood option in the Portland, ME area. Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview.

Be well,

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I booked this hotel for the view and on arrival was placed in a room with a 10% view of the water. I was told by the front desk that my room was considered a water view room and billed for the deluxe view. The room was very nice with a wonderful shower. The staff and food in the restaurant C2 were very good. The workout facility was large and had new equipment. Parking was expensive and there is a fee for wifi in the room. I did not find the front desk staff nice or helpful not only to me but others who were questioning room issues. I did choose the green option to find that in room coffee was not restocked. Multiple times that I tried to speak with the concierge, they were away from the desk with no time posted. The location was good with many dining choices near by.

Room Tip: Try Marcy's Diner ( cash only- but great muffins) Bintliff's American Cafe and Hot Suppa for breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TKDDallas
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when we were in town for a wedding. What a great hotel experience! The staff were so friendly and went beyond expectations to help us. The entire hotel was modern and clean and felt luxurious everywhere! The rooms were amazing, and the bed was so incredibly comfortable! Room service was on time and everything was hot and fresh. The restaurant downstairs was a great experience too. We ate dinner there 3 times and had breakfast there 1 time during our stay. The food was amazing, and again the staff were wonderful. There is a cocktail lounge on the top floor of the hotel. What an amazing view, and it was so nice to just relax with a few cocktails and have great conversation. We were enjoying our stay so much, that we actually extended our stay a few days! I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ctburke26
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Thank you for the review! We were so glad you were able to extend your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Be Well,

Reviewed May 21, 2014

From check in to check out we had a great experience. There were 4 of us in two rooms, wish we could have the two rooms together but everything else was really nice. Cream, brand new, immaculate. A bit noisy with weddings graduations etc going on but still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We paid the lowest rate $219.00/ night, a Saturday, May 17th, a good value for one night on a very busy WE in Portland.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview. We hope to see you again soon.

Be well,

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Can't give higher praises for this gem in Portland. First, the staff is the best I've seen from a young group of employees in any of my travels around the world. Besides greeting us and wishing my wife a happy birthday, they gave amazing honest recommendations and provided the highest level of service. I even saw an employee sitting and playing with a couple's dogs at check in...a rare sight of kindness in the corporate hotel world.

The must-do at the hotel is the rooftop bar...great views with the great service I mentioned added with drinks and appetizers started our afternoon perfectly!

The room was everything you'd expect from West in and we both got great sleep and rest. Bathroom was large with a big shower.

Hotel location is a 10 minute walk from Old Port but don't let that seem as a negative as there are plenty of fantastic food options within a couple blocks (go to Boda!). Gym is a plus with tons of room and equipment.

They run a great shuttle/SUV service that will take you anywhere in Portland for free so make use of that if you don't feel like walking.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Westin during your stay in Portland. We agree our Top of the East lounge is a "must-do". We hope you choose us again!

Be Well,