“Memorable food, view, location”

Diamond's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Join us on Great Diamond Island for a truly unique dining experience. Located on the property of historic Fort McKinley overlooking Diamond Cove, Diamond's Edge offers a dining adventure unequaled in Maine. Choose our dining room, our deck, our lawn, or something lighter at our bar.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Worth the trip to catch the ferry to Diamond Cove to eat at the restaurant. Made reservation, was able to get an earlier seating. Ate on the veranda, beautiful view on to the lawn and cove. Great food!

1  Thank barb652

Reviewed July 21, 2014

13 family members took the Casco Bay Ferry to Diamond's Edge recently to celebrate on our 25th wedding anniversaries. We had reservations for 5:30 when they opened (we took the 4:15 boat). My wife had made the reservations early, but when she called to confirm they could not find them, then they did, then one person told her they open at 5:00 and another said 5:30. We went in a little after 5:00 and were seated. The hostess was very welcoming and chatted up the two young boys. There were very few diners there at that early seating, so we thought out service would be very attentive. It was not. We had to ask several times for things like sweetener, a clean spoon or crackers for one of the young ones. Many of us wanted mixed drinks. They have a full bar but no drink menu. The waitress said they had new owners and they were working on it. The drinks were weak. The food was ok. I had a pesto pasta with lobster. It was drowning in pesto. My brother in law had a wild boar special. He thought it was tough and gamy. The best report from any of the group was the lemon cake dessert. That got rave reviews. All that being said, we had a nice time and no one complained. It was a beautiful evening, the views are great, the boat ride is always interesting and enjoyable on a summer evening and it is an adventure. Dinner with a cocktail, appetizer, entree and dessert ran $100 per person (not including the ferry ticket).

2  Thank cornbread35
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went to Diamond Edge on a Friday night and made a reservation by telling them which ferry we were taking. Simple. We elected to sit outside as did most customers , ,but it got chilly and breezy so there was no problem moving inside. They really take care of clients. The Swordfish my partner ordered was the BEST she has ever eaten ,and that puts it above many others on the east coast. The scallops were great too. .In fact all the food from salad to bread was excellent.
An added pleasure is the ferry ride home at night with all the lights and activity make the trip to Diamond Cove with a great meal at Diamond Edge a true adventure.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Apparently we were fortunate enough to be seated outside (judging by other reviews). It was gorgeous. The food was great. We had lobster, mussels, soup, salad. Great!!

What was NOT great that turned this review into only a 4 star review was the jerk seated on the patio of the adjacent building. I am assuming he was the owner as he behaved as if he were the owner. Walking to the waters edge to see a chipmunk, I was verbally accosted by this man who advised me not to touch a bush I was attempting to pass by as "that is a plant growing there". Really? A plant that is growing somewhere? Wow.

Amazing that one person can take away from your whole experience.

My impression - snobbery abounds here...but the food was great. :) You win some, you lose some.

1  Thank JulieS697
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I went there with a group of friends expecting top quality dining only to get the opposite. It took almost twenty minutes to get our drinks and much longer to get our food. Everyone was fed at different times instead of all at once. Really..? What restaurant does that?! I have no problem paying extra for my meal if it's quality and made right, but the food was third rate(at best). I ordered a simple burger and fires and everything about my meal was bad. Overcooked, fries were hard as rock, the bacon was WAY undercooked, the bun seemed like someone pored grease on it. My friend got a lobster roll that had enough lobster to feed my cat., a $17 salad that was essentially a cup of greens and a couple small pieces of lobster.

I've never felt the urge to right a bad review until now. The only good thing about this place is the view and the company of friends. As a Portland resident I eat at many different restaurants, some good some so so. You can do much better anywhere in Portland for half the price.
Don't waste your money!!!!!!

2  Thank j s