“Great clam chowder, good wings and great prices.”

Ri Ra The Irish Pub Portland ME
Reserve with OpenTable
Ri Ra The Irish Pub Portland ME is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Irish, Scottish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As you enter Rí Rá you can imagine yourself walking through a door that leads you back in time to the peaceful and cozy atmosphere of a traditional pub 100 hundred years ago in Ireland. When you visit Rí Rá you will feel as if you are going back in time, such is the ambiance of the pub. All of the pub interiors were salvaged and restored in Ireland and shipped to Portland. The pub is on two levels, with three distinct areas.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Right next to the Casco Island Ferry on the waterfront of Portland Maine. Nice wood decor. Quick service. Pleasant staff. Huge clams in the chowder. You can walk a block to Amtrak or the Raddison (expensive hotel) but that's the area. Good hotels limited so there pricey.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband, my daughter and I stopped in this restaurant on a whim. We were so happy we did!
Everything we had was so good. However, the mussels appetizer were excellent! They were so good we ordered a second helping. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. Would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose Rira for lunch soon after arriving in Portland having no idea of the second floor view. It was after the lunch hour on a Friday so plenty of window front tables were available. Starting out with a local draft we soaked in the view and eagerly anticipated our first local seafood. The chowder was tasty, special Buffalo shrimp wrap an interesting twist and those hand cut fries such a nice treat. Rira was a nice start to our trip.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband had been here before with a group of guys, so we came here for lunch on a vacation trip. It was almost empty downstairs in the pub, with most people going upstairs for the view. The food we ordered was perfect, good quantities and delicious, and the beer choices were numerous (lots of local draft beer--we had the Geary's special). The atmosphere was "Irish pub" and the service was attentive.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Wandered in for a quick bite before a cruise. Sat at bar per waiters suggesting to sit anywhere. Bartender was rude and unattentive u less I actually spoke to him on what we needed. After telling me I could have a side with my sandwich and I telling him I wasn't sure what some of the Irish dish choices were he made no effort to educate me. We got the french fries. Chowder was good amd hot hummus wrap was good also. Locals, a Marine and nurse, sitting at bar made for awesome conversation. Thanks to them we had a nice lunch.