“I Love This Place”

Ri Ra The Irish Pub Portland ME
Reserve with OpenTable
Ri Ra The Irish Pub Portland ME is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Irish, Scottish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As you enter Rí Rá you can imagine yourself walking through a door that leads you back in time to the peaceful and cozy atmosphere of a traditional pub 100 hundred years ago in Ireland. When you visit Rí Rá you will feel as if you are going back in time, such is the ambiance of the pub. All of the pub interiors were salvaged and restored in Ireland and shipped to Portland. The pub is on two levels, with three distinct areas.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Every time I come, it gets better and better. The stew is still my favorite. Recently sat upstairs for the first time and loved overlooking the water. Good beer list, excellent food. Great location. Love. This. Place.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Had dinner and some drinks here with my wife and her cousin. Fantastic fish and chips, and the Guinness was just right (correct temperature and pour). I had to have 3 or 4 just to be sure ;-}. It seemed like more of an authentic Irish pub than a chain. Dark warm wood walls and furniture, high ceilings, great pubby decor, real live Irish waitresses! I highly recommend it. The only thing close to a complaint was that there was a band (girl playing violin, and a sampler doing the rest), but it was so loud that we could barely have a conversation, and we were on the opposite side of the restaurant. The music was good, just a bit loud, to the point that it was muffled in the fairly small room. Probably more of an issue for the musician than the restaurant. I'll be back

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Best fish and chips I've ever had, fun atmosphere, extremely friendly service. Only negative was that it took a long time for the food to come out, but it was a busy night.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

As luck would have it we were on a "get-away" weekend in Portland, Maine with 2 other couples the weekend of the "Blizzard of 2013". My nephew suggested we go to an Irish pub, for lunch, 2 blocks from our hotel because he had heard great things about it. It was snowing and we walked to this great pub. RiRa has excellent food of high quality and wonderful preporation. Everyone in our group raved about what they had--a rubin, a wrap, fish & chips to name a few. The wait staff is friendly & knowledgable.
It truely was worth the jaunt on a very snowy day and we, definately, will be going back when next we find ourselves in Portland's "Old Port".

That night a friend of ours attended a wedding at RiRa.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

A somewhat dumpy place. Had to change chairs 3 times before I found a steady one. Prices were good. We had a hamburger and it wasnt very good. The fries on the other hand were great. Service was good. Doubt we will go back.