“lunch”

Ri Ra The Irish Pub Portland ME
Reserve with OpenTable
Ri Ra The Irish Pub Portland ME is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Irish, Scottish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As you enter Rí Rá you can imagine yourself walking through a door that leads you back in time to the peaceful and cozy atmosphere of a traditional pub 100 hundred years ago in Ireland. When you visit Rí Rá you will feel as if you are going back in time, such is the ambiance of the pub. All of the pub interiors were salvaged and restored in Ireland and shipped to Portland. The pub is on two levels, with three distinct areas.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Irish breakfast is the best, fish and chips are good if you like a lot of batter, my wife did not.
Location is great.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

For anybody who wants to vacation in Ireland, go to RiRa and it will seem as if you are already there. The property itself is of Irish origin and is very unique to any Irish bar i have visited in the US. The atmosphere makes you feel very welcome and comfortable, and our barkeep Owen who was 100% Irish i might add, kept us entertained at the bar and really made us feel like we were in Ireland. Although we did not eat here on this occasion, my experience here we have me coming back for more on my next visit. It is a lively bar so be prepared for some good fun.

1  Thank applehouse s
Reviewed October 4, 2012

From the very bricks and boards from which the restaurant is built, it truly offers delicious authentic Irish fare in a warm and comfortable atmosphere. Very nice staff.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went to the Ri Ra last week with my wife and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is casual, lively and a bit boisterous, and it's probably not the atmosphere you want for a quiet night out. We were planning to visit a few more "bar doors" while in Portland, so we decided to fuel up with an order of Harp Steamed Clams, and the spinach dip. The steamers were local and nice and sweet. They had no sand at all, but the trade-off was a little bit of mud which was easily rinsed off. They may have also been a tad undercooked, but not to the point of being bad. I liked them just fine and hate when they are overcooked. The spinach dip also contained artichokes, which was a plus, and came with a small thinly sliced loaf of white bread. That was also very tasty. My wife had her usual pint of Guinness, and I had the (wonderful) Baxter Brewing Stowaway IPA served in a Baxter logo "glass can" pint. The food menu had some typical pub favorites, and the beer menu is pretty large too. Best of all they have all sorts of local Maine brew, which is one of the things I love most about taking the (thankfully short) drive to Maine. We could have stayed here all night.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

A good Irish pub. Typical Irish "pub grub" and great Irish brews. The barkeeper took nearly 5 minutes to pour a good Guinness. So many places pour Guinness like a standard beer. But as in Dublin, it takes time to do it just right. The barkeeper passed the test! And the fish-and-chips - again, it would rival any Irish pub.

Service was efficient and pleasant.

The place was a bit noisy, but again, a good Irish pub is lively and thus a bit noisy. This is by no means a complaint. Adds to the authenticity.

1  Thank AlbanyJim