“Lunch Time”

Ranked #145 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I was in Portland on business today and by the time I got out it was lunchtime so decided to try FIVE GUYS on Fore Street.

I've been to plenty of burger joints over the years, but I was pleasantly surprised on the quality of both the Bacon cheeseburger I ordered and the hand cut french fries. Both were excellent, best I've had in a long time!

The place was clean, and the staff was all friendly and helpful, most notable was, Vickie, she went out of her way for everyone I saw her working with, not something one sees very often these days in the hospitality field!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The menu is simple. Four large burgers; four small burgers and three hot dogs, fries with about a dozen options of what to add. The burger are fresh and great. The fries are locally grown potatoes. Pair it with a drink and free peanuts in the shell and you have a great lunch or burger dinner. Nothing fancy, just good food. I recommend them anywhere you find one.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

When my fiance first brought me here 2 years ago I kicked and screamed (not literally) about how I really didn't like burgers, especially ones that couldn't be cooked medium rare. This is now one of my favorite places to have a burger. You cannot beat the burgers here, you can get whatever you want on them, and the cajun fries are the bomb!

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This place was great! Fast service. Good price. Tasty food. Peanuts as an appetizer. Clean restaurant and bathroom! I would eat here again and again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stear clear if you are watching your weight or cholestorol! If that isn't an issue, and you are looking for a great burger and great fries, then don't hesitate to stop in. You order at the counter, and are given a # that they call when your order is ready. All orders or made fresh to order.So nothing you are served is sitting around or old. Menu is simple, meaning they only serve fries, hot dogs, and burgers, but they do what they do well! They have indoor and outdoor seating.