“BEST BLT ON THE PLANET (FOR LUNCH)”
Review of Blue Spoon

Blue Spoon
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Merrill Street
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Indeed, everything is terrific here and you'll find me here for dinner too (usually with my wife) quite often. But when it comes to lunch - and everything on their lunch [and dinner] menu is wonderful - no menu needed as the super friendly and efficient staff already know what I'm having. The best BLT on the planet. And if it's not the best you've ever had...well....I promise you it's right the hell up there! GUARANTEED!!!

1  Thank theghostwriter

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We went to Blue Spoon last night for dinner with my grandmother. We had made reservations at 6:30, but due to numerous delays in my grandmother's flight, we did not make it to the restaurant until 8:15. After the third time calling the restaurant to reschedule, I told the woman that we will just come when ready and take our chances. Each time I had called the woman was extremely nice, and when we finally made it to the restaurant, we found a reserved table for us, despite my saying we might not make it. Both waitress where extremely kind throughout the entire evening. We even stayed an hour past closing time, and everyone there where wonderful about it.

Now to the food! We ordered the meze plate (which was really big), the soup of the day (a root vegetable blend with creme fresh), the salad with egg (forgot the exact name), the steak salad (again, forgot the exact name), a burger, and fish stew. Everything was spectacular and very, very fresh. And the portions where big, so all of us had leftovers. For dessert we had their flour less chocolate cake, a lemon/vanilla cake, and a goat cheese chocolate mousse. Those were some of the best desserts I have ever had! And their fresh wiped cream on top really was a great compliment to each dessert.

Overall, the meal was 109.14 for 5 people, no alcohol. With the quality of the food and the freshness, I thought this was an excellent restaurant that I will definitely remember and would highly recommend.

1  Thank arabellakline
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband started out with the mussels, and he was not disappointed. Great atmosphere, food, and service

Reviewed January 1, 2011

Great food, great service, great atmosphere....and the best burger in the world.The menu is diverse with quality preparation and presentation.

1  Thank womantraveler59
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This quite small restaurant outside the port district is really excellent. We had the best dinner there on our New England trip. They serve great creative dishes at a price that buys steak and fries elsewhere. There is also a good choice of wines, and the service is friendly and helpful. I you value a good meal higher than romantic port atmosphere that's the place to go.

3  Thank HeikoSchmitz