“Airport quality food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Linda Bean's Lobster Cafe
Ranked #290 of 601 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 180-seat lounge and restaurant, located on the concourse directly across from Gate #10. Carry-on live lobsters, and our frozen packaged meals and treats of Maine lobster, crabmeat and Linda's award winning clam chowder.
Portland, Maine
“Airport quality food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here while traveling and were underwhelmed. We all tried the clam chowder and could not figure out if it came out of a can...either it did, or it tastes like it did...and neither option is good...and we are all mainers who eat a lot of clam chowda.

Service was good, food not so great

2 Thank jswTraveler

Readfield
“Worse server ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Very unfriendly and actually rude to customer next to me. Not a "good morning" just seems to hate her job. 2 customers in entire place - wow!! So much for Maine hospitality!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TEK1210
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went in for a quick bowl of Clam Chowder... really disappointed.
It was ruined by adding thickener to the milk broth - also salty.
Probably will get my Chowder elsewhere.
Bummer.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank LFMME
“Airport lobster roll plus Bean boot girl equals?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Now I'm in the airport don't expect much of a lobster roll that has a Bean name in the restaurant name don't expect much and you will not be disappointed. Yes a am a real Mainer so know what is good or not. I don't think that the lobster was fresh but frozen and thawed and a hint of mayo is to enhance the flavors no hints of anything. Oh well my own fault for not living in Maine anymore my standards may have slipped.

1 Thank Hockeybo
Southwest Harbor, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrific”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My first mistake - Waitress told me to get a double shot because it was more affordable - it wasn't $15 for less than a bar shot.

My second mistake - Ordering food. I ordered sirloin tips. Sounded nice. Waited 45 minutes, not that there was a crush of orders. When it arrived, I thought it was horse meat. Each bite had a different texture - some underdone, some unbitably tough. But each tasted the same - like the slurry of overpowering spices - probably to cover the fact they got this meat from the rendering plant.

The din of industrial fans accompanied this experience.

Only redemption was that the waitress quickly grabbed the plate from me when I said it was no good and did not charge me for that. She was nice. The rest of it was not.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim V

Been to Linda Bean's Lobster Cafe? Share your experiences!