“Airport lobster roll plus Bean boot girl equals?”

Linda Bean's Lobster Cafe
Ranked #427 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Description: 180-seat lounge and restaurant, located on the concourse directly across from Gate #10. Carry-on live lobsters, and our frozen packaged meals and treats of Maine lobster, crabmeat and Linda's award winning clam chowder.
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Now I'm in the airport don't expect much of a lobster roll that has a Bean name in the restaurant name don't expect much and you will not be disappointed. Yes a am a real Mainer so know what is good or not. I don't think that the lobster was fresh but frozen and thawed and a hint of mayo is to enhance the flavors no hints of anything. Oh well my own fault for not living in Maine anymore my standards may have slipped.

1  Thank Hockeybo

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My first mistake - Waitress told me to get a double shot because it was more affordable - it wasn't $15 for less than a bar shot.

My second mistake - Ordering food. I ordered sirloin tips. Sounded nice. Waited 45 minutes, not that there was a crush of orders. When it arrived, I thought it was horse meat. Each bite had a different texture - some underdone, some unbitably tough. But each tasted the same - like the slurry of overpowering spices - probably to cover the fact they got this meat from the rendering plant.

The din of industrial fans accompanied this experience.

Only redemption was that the waitress quickly grabbed the plate from me when I said it was no good and did not charge me for that. She was nice. The rest of it was not.

1  Thank Jim V
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I ordered oatmeal with Berrys and had a clear veiw of the kitchen and I was not happy. Here is what happened. .... i'm glad he was wearing gloves while prepping lobster. He took off his gloves ( not knowing where his hands was before and not washing them ) he took the order grabbed a plastic container put dried oatmeal added water from the tap and shoved it in the MICROWAVE ( gross. ..I can wait an extra 10 min. For it to be made in a pot. ).... He put the oatmeal in a bowl then without putting gloves on he handled and prepped the strawberries and grabbed the container of blueberries and stuck his unwashed hands in the container then sprinkled the fruit on the oatmeal. As he continued chop the lobster that has been on the cutting board for 15 min. Then Someone he knew came by to chat with him had his one hand on the cutting board where the lobster had been sitting, then walked away NOW. .. I have been in the restaurant business for over 20 years and who knows what other unsanitary things he has done. He had no beard net on, has not washed his hands. If I was a food inspector I would give him a citation for many reasons, If you can spot the problems. Good on you.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Best lobster roll I have ever had , and I consider myself a lobster connoisseur ;-) its really that good!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Found this restaurant at the back corner of the airport. I had a fantastic lobster roll. Make sure you get one! Fantastic craft beers! There was a very energetic group of travels behind us having a great time playing poker while waiting for their plane. We had a great waitress named Kirsten wait on us. One of the best waitstaff ever (ask for her tables)