“Such a cool and unique place”
Review of Vena's Fizz House

Vena's Fizz House
Ranked #27 of 620 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Bar
“Such a cool and unique place”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Wound up here by chance and am I sure glad we did. The menu had a great selection of drinks that everyone will enjoy. Such a unique and fun experience that's great for a date or the whole family.

Visited March 2014

Farmington, Maine, United States
“A Bar for People of All Ages”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I took my daughters to Vena's Fizz House (a teen and tween). We enjoyed the drinks, atmosphere and so much we brought my husband there the following afternoon. The variety of drinks is extensive with a flavor (many actually) for everyone. By the end of our second visit, the girls were deciding what they would order next time. Lovely couple served as the most charming hosts. Look forward to our next trip to Vena's!

• Visited February 2014
Lyman, Maine
“Adult Pop!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

For the non-Midwesterners out there, Pop is what we call tonic or soda in the East. Vena's adds Shrub to the list. Shrub contains a little vinegar and flavored bitters (orange, lemon, lime, and an almost endless combination of herbs and spices). Add ice and seltzer, serve in a Mason jar and nothing more is necessary. The copper bar with insets for holding bar tools is gorgeous.

If alcohol is necessary for you to enjoy sitting and sipping go elsewhere. But the lack of an alcohol burn makes the flavors pop and recognizable. Some are subtle. One contains a ghost pepper infused base. I will never be sufficiently courageous enough to try this. Perhaps someone else would and write a review when his or her mouth recovers.

• Visited January 2014
Portland, Maine
“A Treasure!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Steve is the most passionate and creative mixologist ive ever met, truly a scientist AND artist! and Johanna has a knack for finding great vintage glasses for the store along with gorgeous gifts and extras like the linen cocktail napkins and homemade vodka infusers:-) You can tell they are a couple that just love doing what theyre doing. This place is a treasure that everyone should make a visit to-and it wont be your last! See you soon

• Visited October 2013
Portland
“Best Hot Chocolate Ever!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It was a cold drizzly late afternoon here in Portland and I was out doing some Christmas shopping. I had seen beautiful vintage glassware in the Fizz windows on several occasions but not having had time to pop in, I thought this would be a great opportunity to do so
Upon entering the warm and cozy shop the owner offered a sample of Habanero Hot Chocolate to take the chill off- I was intrigued. It was perfect, not the scorching in your face heat that a habanero could be but a subtle lingering heat following a creamy chocolate taste.
I stayed for over an hour while we conversed on other new and different ingredients used in his mixes - I had Grapefruit Shrug, Blueberry Shrug, Natural grenadine soda-and more. Needless to say I completed my shopping with what I hope will be some of the most delicious and unusual ingredients for my foodie friends and relations.
Did I forget to mention his cookbook collection on Beverages! And all the accouterments a fledgling mixoligist could ever want.
I can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2013