“Walters-Portland Maine fabulous chef”
Review of Walter's

Walter's
Ranked #21 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sarasota
“Walters-Portland Maine fabulous chef”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great-great restaurant. Walters owner is the chef I believe and he truly knows what he is doing.
The food has always been great as well as service, drinks, atmosphere, and the staff is extremely attentive to your needs. Parking is in the rear which makes it really nice.

• Visited August 2014

Needham, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Walter's”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I hosted a couple coming in from Colorado and settled on Walter's for our meal. We were SO glad we did. The experience was very relaxed and comfortable. We started in the bar where we had very good drinks (see Pomegranate drink and German pilsner). The space was comfortable and not too crowded so we could relax and chat while we waited for our table. At our table, we were catching up for 20 minutes before we even glanced at our menu and while the waitress was there, she never pressured us. The food was really yummy. We started with the calamari - interesting mix of sweet and spicy - and the caprese salad. They split the salad for us without asking, always a nice touch. Then we had the salmon and the scallops. Everything looked like a work of art on the plate and tasted just as good. I would definitely recommend Walter's as a destination restaurant in a town full of destination restaurants. Way to go Walter's.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bill P
Stow, MA
“Prefer the Original Walter's”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Took a colleague to lunch and was truly disappointed. The lobster salad was boring - 6 pieces of lobster laid around greens with a very tasetless lemon dressing. My colleague got the BLT and didn't even finish it.

Very cold, atmosphere found in arestaurants in hotels.. Service was Ok but not very personal or special. For the money, this is not worth it. I've kept coming back hoping it would be good but i"m done. Prefer the better food, more interesting dishes and atmosphere of the old Walters. Sometimes new and improved is NOT.

• Visited July 2014
“Best”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

this is the first time I have felt compelled to submit a review a restaurant. I frequently travel solo, so I look for a place with an inviting bar, Walters fit the bill and I am happy to report that the service and food were also excellent. My bartender, Guy, kindly recommended the duck, and it was phenomenal! Possibly the best dish I've ever had, cooked and seasoned perfectly, on a bed of perfectly cooked rice and bok choy. Sublime

Orlando
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We has a group of 5 of us eat at Walter's and everyone truly enjoyed our meal. We shared the Calamari which was fantastic. We had everything from beef to seafood and all of it was truly fantastic. We all said we would eat there again if we had a chance.

Visited June 2014