“Wonderful Walter's”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Walter's

Walter's
Ranked #20 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Needham, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Walter's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I hosted a couple coming in from Colorado and settled on Walter's for our meal. We were SO glad we did. The experience was very relaxed and comfortable. We started in the bar where we had very good drinks (see Pomegranate drink and German pilsner). The space was comfortable and not too crowded so we could relax and chat while we waited for our table. At our table, we were catching up for 20 minutes before we even glanced at our menu and while the waitress was there, she never pressured us. The food was really yummy. We started with the calamari - interesting mix of sweet and spicy - and the caprese salad. They split the salad for us without asking, always a nice touch. Then we had the salmon and the scallops. Everything looked like a work of art on the plate and tasted just as good. I would definitely recommend Walter's as a destination restaurant in a town full of destination restaurants. Way to go Walter's.

1 Thank Bill P

Stow, MA
“Prefer the Original Walter's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Took a colleague to lunch and was truly disappointed. The lobster salad was boring - 6 pieces of lobster laid around greens with a very tasetless lemon dressing. My colleague got the BLT and didn't even finish it.

Very cold, atmosphere found in arestaurants in hotels.. Service was Ok but not very personal or special. For the money, this is not worth it. I've kept coming back hoping it would be good but i"m done. Prefer the better food, more interesting dishes and atmosphere of the old Walters. Sometimes new and improved is NOT.

“Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

this is the first time I have felt compelled to submit a review a restaurant. I frequently travel solo, so I look for a place with an inviting bar, Walters fit the bill and I am happy to report that the service and food were also excellent. My bartender, Guy, kindly recommended the duck, and it was phenomenal! Possibly the best dish I've ever had, cooked and seasoned perfectly, on a bed of perfectly cooked rice and bok choy. Sublime

Orlando
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We has a group of 5 of us eat at Walter's and everyone truly enjoyed our meal. We shared the Calamari which was fantastic. We had everything from beef to seafood and all of it was truly fantastic. We all said we would eat there again if we had a chance.

Visited June 2014
Osprey Florida
“My favorite place for lunch in Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had lunch at Walter's yesterday. This time there were three women, who wanted to catch up on each other's lives. We sat in the super-comfortable chairs at tables on the bar side of the restaurant, had a perfectly marvelous lunch (with a couple of glasses of wine) and talked until we felt guilty about keeping the waitress so late. Perfect!

Two of us had fish tacos with fried oysters and the third had salad with grilled chicken. All entrees were superb. We finished the meal with espresso and a cappuccino which were all delicious. We all agreed we'd meet again--at Walter's only--in the near future.

Walter's does not take reservations for tables less than a certain number. So my son, who had a business lunch last week, couldn't take his client there because he couldn't get a reservation. Their loss. I'd consider it a perfect place for a business lunch.