“Right in Line With Reviews”
Review of Walter's

Walter's
Ranked #23 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Very delicious good. On par price wise with other restaurants in Portland of this quality. Classy place but you don't need a tie. Great drink and dessert menu as well. Can't go wrong anything on the menu.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My biggest pet peeve to any restaurant is to see it dirty in the dining room. I can't tell you how many times I see dust, cobwebs, food splattered, etc. and neither the owner or chef take a morning - even only twice a year - to clean the place. Well, my wife and I were seated at at a table up against the back mustard (?) colored wall and the wall was absolutely disgusting with food that was splattered and dripped down. I could then see that a large red pillar jutting out on the next table also had drip stains about 6 feet off the floor. Really? For a place with a top notch reputation, take a moment and clean the place! By the way, it's not fair to say the food wasn't very good, but I wouldn't be standing in line to come back any time soon.

1  Thank SouthwestNH
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I made a reservation weeks in advance to treat my friends for allowing me to stay with them over the New Years holiday. The menu seemed eclectic and exciting on the website.Once seated, the atmosphere was bland and tables much too close together. You could not help but be bombarded by conversations around you. Table settings/decorations/chairs..all bland which did not purport for an exciting meal. Our waiter also had a monotone voice, looked and acted as if he would rather be home by the fire on this very cold night. It would have been nice if there were a place to put our coats, hats, etc. Being so close to other tables, coats on backs of chairs made it impossible to settle in at a table comfortably.My appetizer was billed as an adobo pork egg roll. It looked like a large egg roll but tasted like dry, old beef soaked in water to add moisture. My $25 bistro burger was cooked perfectly as ordered, however the pesto sauce overwhelmed the whole thing. I picked off the limp, miniscule tidbits of lobster to find no flavor at all. Truffle oil fries were greasy and so overpowering that they no longer tasted like fries. My guests' small filet mignons were excellently prepared.

1  Thank Gregchik
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Delicious choices and impeccable service! We have eaten here many times before and have never been disappointed!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My friend made reservation Saturday night last week.
We arrived restaurant 10 minutes before 5 :00pm.
It was so cold wait outside so I asked let us in the restaurant and wait for ready to seat. But we are told wait outside until they are ready and they closed door and lock the door!
Is this really hospitality? So disappoint. Food was good.
May be I was expecting too much,

2  Thank skfood