“One of Portland's best.”
Review of Walter's

Walter's
Ranked #22 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specializing in New World American cuisine using local ingredients, local beers, large wine list and creative cocktails
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We love everything about Walters. It was quaint in their old building and often when a restaurant moves to a different location it loses its identify, but, it just got bigger and better. Service is usually prompt and courteous. The food is outstanding along with the presentation.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to Walters on a Friday night with no reservations. They were very accommodating and seated us at a table in the bar. We had maybe the best Calamari appetizer ever, and our meals were fantastic. The waitress Nicolle was very knowledgeable about both the wine and the food and helped us make good choices from the menu. I would go Walters any time I was in Portland just to have the Calamari

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

After hearing so frequently from my daughter (who lives in Portland) about memorable how special was the dining at Walter's, I finally gave up, and gave it a try.

We dined recently, celebrating our anniversary. Our dining experience made celebration memorable.

The menu here changes here frequently, so any chatter I make about specific dishes is likely out of date. No matter, my wife raved, and so will I, about the lobster stew. If it is offered, don't miss it. Likewise, my entree, an interpretation of short rib was unique, delicious and right sized.

Salads were fresh interpretations of seasonally available ingredients and an explosion of fresh flavors.

Service is outstanding, both at the bar and table; friendly, courteous and attentive.

Decor here us somewhat modern and spare, leaving the space feeling as if it lacked warmth and signature, though I suppose the signature is really the food and service. Only other shortcoming was a somewhat limited winelist, though the offerings listed pair well with the menu offered.

In short, I must admit that my daughter was right. Walter's has rightfully earned its place among a growing number of must visit restaraunts in Portland.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went to Walter's for the first time and was upset that I just now discovered the place! A friend and I met to catch up and its the perfect place to have uninterrupted conversation and delicious food. We sat in the lounge, started with wine and the Asian ravioli...the ravioli could have been filled more but was delicious none-the-less. I enjoyed scallops for a main course...DELICIOUS and was pleased with the size and quantity. Our server was awesome and I'd definitely go back!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place is nice- good food, wine and service.. The dinner entree was great- we both had scallops that were just awesome. I was a little disappointed in the appetizers and salad- the descriptions made it sound so yummy, but it was lacking. Not sure that I would do dinner here again, but I would definitely come back for drinks or lunch!