“What a great little place”

Blue Rooster Food Company
Ranked #117 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A friend and myself were traveling up the coast of Maine around Labor Day 2013. A friend had mentioned Blue Rooster so I thought we would add it to our itinerary. We were not disappointed.
We had eaten breakfast in Portsmouth, NH and weren't really hungry so thought we would have a snack. We ordered one lobster roll, tater tots and fried Brussel's sprouts to share. The lobster roll was wonderful, the tater tots were too, but the sprouts were absolutely incredible. Don't miss this gem, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We tried the lobster roll, very yummy and different, although not for lobstah roll purists. The hot dog wrapped in bacon was amazing, and the Thai tea really good. It's the fried Brussels sprouts with sweet chili sauce that will bring us back...the most delicious presentation of Brussels sprouts ever! Very fun, funky place just off the beaten track behind the dog store.....check it out!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Popped in after a whale cruise and saw people everywhere carrying brown bags from the pier. I stopped a guy and asked what's in the bag? He stated a sandwich from the Blue Rooster. I had to find out so arounded the corner and in this small carved out section on the side street laid a little storefront with people standing all around. In I went to find the kitchen is staring me in the face. The first thought that came to mind, clean! Great smell and interesting little delights sitting on the counter accompanied the cleanliness. Ordered a Plain Jane for the son, a Cuban for myself and the wife and daughter split a farmer Ted. All was good and my stomach thanked me for the super nutritious grub!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Really surprised at how good the food was at this little placed that looked like a standard sandwich place. everything had a special twist to it. Schooner Tuna is the best tuna sandwich I ever had