“Delicious pretzels and great drink selection!”

In'finiti Fermentation & Distillation
Ranked #241 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our local Maine friends brought us to In'finity last May for a light bite and cocktails. We had already been out drinking at a few other local spots, but thought we'd finish up our day here. Their freshly baked pretzels were killer, and we had some type of fried pork bites that melted away in your mouth. The highlight though was my take on a Manhattan cocktail in which the bartender created this ice sphere with a machine that sat perfectly in the glass. So very cool.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We loved In'finity. The beer was outstanding and my beer brewer husband especially appreciated the knowledgeable staff. The best part fr me was the amazing cocktail menu. I loved the Haute Fashioned. Their riff on an Old Fashioned. It was great. You must stop there when in Portland!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

When the bartender/waitress routinely asked, "How is everything?" I automatically said, "Great" when a pang of guilt rang through my body. The truth is, I wasn't sure where to begin! The smell of this place is disgusting with their brewery immediately behind the bar. The florescent lights ricochet off the massive tanks and right into your face if you sit at the bar. The bar is narrow and the bartender made a drink literally 7 inches away from me.
We ordered fries and they did taste good. They offer a variety of homemade sauces including "beer cheese" (good). However, many menu items have confusing names, like "pheasant pot pie." For $15 I'm not going to take a risk on something foreign like that...
In'finity has a lot going on, they don't seem to know what direction to take things in. It's a 1 and done. I went and I probably won't go back unless it's warm out because the beer is OK (for a $6 IPA) with the deck on the water

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The service here is the worst I have ever had in my life. The drinks are wayyyyyyy overprice and the place is LOUD REALLY LOUD!!! Was seated right away then waited 10 minutes to be acknowledged then another 15 minutes to have our drink order taken then another 15 minutes to get our drinks. So after 40 minutes we finally had a drink. Didn't want to waste any more of our time and couldn't have a conversation so we decided to leave and had to wait another 20 min for our check. Should have just left. Anyway that's over an hour of our lives we wish we had back. So here is 4 locals that won't be back. We had planned on eating but do to slow service and bad atmosphere we went elsewhere. There are way too many better places to go in Portland. I don't write very many reviews but felt I had to warn people. And believe me all 4 of us will be warning everyone we know.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Located in a blue clapboard structure on Chandler's Wharf - more sprcifically, across from Three Dollar Dewey, this appears to be the new kid on the Portland beer scene. Here, we have beer and spirits brought together under a single roof.

The distillery can be seen as you enter; it is in a small glass-enclosed room. To the left, as you enter, is a large dimly-lit area space with a high ceiling; the long bar is to the right and behind the bar, behind glass, is the brewery; on the left, on a riser, are tables and booths for intimate dining. There seems to be some kinda maritime industrial ambience going on here. That said, one can also say that it is rather cold, sterile and aloof. There were eleven house drafts, with five being IPAs (also on tap were a helles, an oatmeal stout, an IPL and a delicious baltic porter. There were three Belgian styles). The beer was well poured, well maintained and served by an efficient server who knew her stuff. The menu was limited; however, in anticipation of shoving sausages down my gullet at Thirsty Pig (see my reveiw), I did not partake of food. The House Beers are reasonably priced between $4-6; however, they offer $2 tasters.

Neat new place. I wish it well. Note: the logo worn by the staff is a horizontal "8," which is the sign for infinity. Little knowledge, don't hate.