“We will come back again”

In'finiti Fermentation & Distillation
Ranked #241 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Cool atmosphere. Pleasant surprise for a brewery. The food is freshly made and there are some eclectic menu items. The white gazpacho soup was terrific. The hamburger could have been more moist. The mixed drinks are different from what you normally find. We recommend it and will come back again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came in for lunch late, starving, after doing the mail run around the islands. We had not heard about this place and did not expect anything special, but we were pleasantly surprised. The service was attentive and very friendly. The waitress was very helpful in describing the different kinds of beer they made and recommending one that we liked. My friend had a fig and arugula pretzel pizza, which was excellent and I had the wonderful lobster roll with fries. We had to try this awesome desert: spiced cake with butterscotch, served with pepper ice cream and candied ginger bacon. It was so good that we decided to return for dinner the following day and again we were not disappointed. He had the pork short rib, cooked "sous vide " It had a nice crust on the outside and was so tender inside you didn't need a knife to cut it, while I had the lobster and scallops that just melted in your mouth. The chef is very creative and I recommend this place. We will be back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

No fish & chips?! Really!? It's on the menu, but this restaurant situated right on the Portland dock had no fish and chips. A sharp manager could have walked 20 feet and gotten fish. The boats are in clear view. The fish houses are everywhere. Another tipoff: beer is served in water glasses; water is served in beer glasses. If you only have a little while to spend in Portland, Maine, go anywhere else. Go to J's Oyster House. Anywhere else...

Reviewed August 29, 2013

In'finity looked promising but I had a sinking feeling when getting seated seemed to cause some confusion, especially since it was fairly quiet. The atmosphere was dark and cavernous, a great place to hang out on a cold night and the outside deck was lovely for a nice warm afternoon. The wait staff was very nice but unfortunately the food didn't live up to the atmosphere. They seemed to be out of many things. My sandwich was tasty but nothing special, a little garnish would have been nice, a pickle? No sweetener of any sort (liguid sugar only) so I passed on ice tea ... and to add insult to injury no coffee, they had run out. Not a satisfying lunch....we left and went to Crema' Coffee down the street.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Tried this new restaurant for lunch after seeing a write up in Portland Magazine. Great location and ambiance!
I was there for lunch and was able to sit outside where the view is wonderful. Boats and harbor views in summer are great. I ordered the tuna on flatbread which was very good. However, the downside was no sweeteners for iced tea other than simple syrup from the bar. No garnishes served with the entree. No coffee available! It turned very chilly while we were outside and asked for coffee. Seems they ran out and none available. This could be a great spot if they get their act together. Right now I would rate it average at best.