“Good beer and good food (brunch)” 4 of 5 bubbles

In'finiti Fermentation & Distillation
Ranked #202 of 601 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Bar, American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oslo, Norway
“Good beer and good food (brunch)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped by for a Sunday brunch. The view from the deck is excellent, but the should get some shades for hot days.

The waiter was knowledgeable and gave us good recommendations for the beer and even brought samples. The food was good too and the portions were nice European sized and not huge. They didn't have kids menus, but the kids could share an adult sized portion.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Washington DC
“Great wait staff, excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved the food, the wait staff was excellent, happy and explained the menu and options well. Drinks are a bit pricey but very interesting. Clams were great as was the fig and arugala pizza.

Visited July 2013
Winslow, Maine
“Stopped for a cold drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I were walking in the Old Port and saw this new spot on the corner so we decided to drop in. We were greeted at the door by a friendly hostess who led us to the bar for a seat. We only dropped in to have a cold beer on a hot day so for us it was perfect. We both chose a drink called the Radler, which was a blend of their own brewed Pilsner and lemonade. It was very light and refreshing. I really could have stayed and probably had two more, even though I'm typically not a beer drinker. The price was nothing outrageous. I think we paid $13 for both beers. The seats at the bar are interesting because you can watch the "goings on" in the brewery behind a glass wall. There are HUGE brewing kettles, I couldn't tell you what they all are, but the bartender was very knowledgeable and gave us the whole rundown. Overall a nice cool place to stop and grab a cold one.

Chicago
“Too many good restaurants in Portland to waste time on this one...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

With so many good restaurants in Portland, I would not bother with this one. The beer was pretty good, but the food was only average. The funniest part is that our waiter told us there were certain items on the menu that he didn't care for - isn't that a no-no?! My husband got a lobster roll (average), I got lobster mac n' cheese (average), and we shared a pretzel crust pizza (less than average). I would definitely not go back for the food!

Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
“A Slow Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visited Portland recently and the outside of the building looked quite fine, so we headed into the place. We were quite impressed by the large brew setups and everything was clean and our waiter was very courteous and nice. There was even an open kitchen where we could watch the cookers run around frantically. The décor inside the restaurant was like a ship. The bar was very nice too and there is an outdoor-seating area. We chose to sit inside because it was very hot the day we visited. My family ordered all the house sodas (coke, ginger, citrus). The coke didn't taste too good, the ginger was great, and the citrus was sour. The drinks came pretty slowly. I saw that our waiter was busy, but the one who made our drinks was not even her. Another person at the bar made our drinks and she didn't make it until probably 10mins after we ordered. We brushed that off since we understood that it was busy and we had tap water served beforehand.

So then we ordered our meals and my mother got the buffalo chicken, and I got the tuna flatbread (I don't remember what else others ordered). This is when we got very impatient. We spent 40mins waiting for our food. 40mins. And we timed it, so we knew it was 40mins. Ridiculous. Who waits 40mins for food? We were hungry and we finished all our drinks and we understood there were many people sitting outside (we were the only ones sitting inside), and we saw the many orders attached to the shelf in the kitchen, but it was just unforgivable. The kitchen moved slow. We could see them from where we sat. Their menu is not very complex. It's very basic. Basic enough to be printed on white paper and clipped together with a clipboard. There should be no excuse for a 40min. So by the time we FINALLY got our meals, I realized that my tuna flatbread was not the flatbread I thought it would be. It turned out to be a simple hoagie with kimchi and tuna fish. Okay, maybe flatbreads can come in different shapes and sizes and forms, but I didn't expect it to take 40mins to make a cold hoagie. I do recommend the buffalo chicken though. It was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and came with a sweet spicy sauce.

If you want to enjoy a slow meal with a friend, then I welcome you to visit this place. If you're the type of person who goes to a restaurant to actually eat, then I would advise you not to go because of the slow service. Needless to say, my family won't be coming here anymore.