“great find & sangria”

Ranked #102 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A visually exciting, warm, upscale dining and drinking experience, without attitude or pretension. Just delicious, top quality, beautifully presented cuisine, delicious cocktails, more than twenty superior wines by the glass or bottle - all very affordable, ten taps featuring local brews, and the friendliest staff you'll ever encounter! Quite simply, The North Point is our love letter to Portland! Come and see us soon, find out why Portland is loving us right back! HOURS OF OPERATION: Sunday: Noon-11pm (food until 10pm) Mon: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Tues: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Wed: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Thurs: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Fri: 4pm-1am (food until 12am) Saturday: Noon-1am (food until 12am)
Merrimac, Massachusetts
“great find & sangria”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Enjoyed a very tasty lunch of grilled stuffed flatbread sandwiches. The 3 flatbreads we ordered were all excellent - smoked salmon, Mexican, and grilled cheese (for my son) - and extremely filling. I could easily have ordered one sandwich to split, but others would want a full sandwich. There were many great selections on the menu (not just flatbreads) that we had trouble deciding what to order. Sangria was one of the best I've ordered out recently. We ate outside & didn't even venture indoors. The outdoor seating was nothing special, but enjoyable on a pleasant afternoon in summer. Can't wait to go back and sample more menu items.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank PattyD440

Portland, ME
“Not particularly wowwed”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Okay, I ate on a slanting table outside and didn't experience the ambiance inside. But I just didn't think the Nicoise salad that I had was especially memorable.

1 Thank BYarmouthMe
Kennebunk, Maine
“Lovely Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Went here tonight for the first time. A fun, eclectic and quaint, neighborhood restaurant on a quiet street of the Old Port. We had a fantastic cheese plate, great salads and a flatbread. The restaurant is on the smaller side so I might recommend going early for an early dinner or a late lunch. Fun atmosphere, jazz playing in the background, and friendly staff made it a great restaurant we'll definetly frequent again.

1 Thank ReneeSeinfeld
“Great find”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Looking for a late meal. We where pointed towards The North Point.(by a waitress at another restaurant).Loved this place. Actually came back again, because my wife and I wanted to try other sandwiches. Wait staff was very nice. We sat outside both times,to enjoy the night and the day. Prices where average.

“Nice place for Tapas”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This is really a Tapas Restaurant with a nice bar. I ordered a glass of red wine with a cheese plate that had dill havarti, chocolate chèvre, and the hallumi. They were all tasty and had different textures. The chocolate chèvre reminded me of dessert. I also had an order of stuffed mushrooms. Together it was a really nice light meal. They were extremely busy and the downside was that there were two waitresses for the entire restaurant, as you could imagine this led to a bit of a wait for the orders to be delivered. All of the food is light nothing too heavy. The heaviest thing served here are the sandwiches, which look like some hybrid wrap. I did not have one. I would definitely visit again while in Portland. Happy travels!

1 Thank Octavia5