“Great find”

Ranked #88 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A visually exciting, warm, upscale dining and drinking experience, without attitude or pretension. Just delicious, top quality, beautifully presented cuisine, delicious cocktails, more than twenty superior wines by the glass or bottle - all very affordable, ten taps featuring local brews, and the friendliest staff you'll ever encounter! Quite simply, The North Point is our love letter to Portland! Come and see us soon, find out why Portland is loving us right back! HOURS OF OPERATION: Sunday: Noon-11pm (food until 10pm) Mon: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Tues: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Wed: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Thurs: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Fri: 4pm-1am (food until 12am) Saturday: Noon-1am (food until 12am)
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Looking for a late meal. We where pointed towards The North Point.(by a waitress at another restaurant).Loved this place. Actually came back again, because my wife and I wanted to try other sandwiches. Wait staff was very nice. We sat outside both times,to enjoy the night and the day. Prices where average.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This is really a Tapas Restaurant with a nice bar. I ordered a glass of red wine with a cheese plate that had dill havarti, chocolate chèvre, and the hallumi. They were all tasty and had different textures. The chocolate chèvre reminded me of dessert. I also had an order of stuffed mushrooms. Together it was a really nice light meal. They were extremely busy and the downside was that there were two waitresses for the entire restaurant, as you could imagine this led to a bit of a wait for the orders to be delivered. All of the food is light nothing too heavy. The heaviest thing served here are the sandwiches, which look like some hybrid wrap. I did not have one. I would definitely visit again while in Portland. Happy travels!

1  Thank Octavia5
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Quirky fun place next to Regency Hotel and Spa. Outdoor tables.
Went a year ago and enjoyed it but selections were kind of limited and portions were small, but very well done and tasty. Gave it a good review anyway. Owner is right there and takes enormous interest in the place.
It's even better now. Menu is expanded, flatbread sandwiches are good, good friendly quick service. This time the salad was larger, the flatbread (club) was loaded with turkey and bacon and very filling; wasabi edamame snacks, good small local selection of beers. Highly recommended.

1  Thank chimayred
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were ending our week long vacation and had a 5:55am flight so wanted a late lunch/early dinner and we stumbled upon The North Point while wondering around town. It was a good choice. We really enjoyed our meals and the staff was very friendly. Good place to go.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We visited "The North Point" several times, since it opened last year. At first we were quite happy about this new restaurant's lunch and light dinner choices - other than the usual burgers and sandwiches - but this year we experienced a distinct decline in food quality.
Their signature stuffed flatbreads: my "Roast Beef Dip" and my daughter's "Mexican" were only unremarkable, but my husband's "Banh Mi" was downright nasty. The pork pate tasted really awful - any supermarket liverwurst would have been better - there were no pickled vegetables, and the only thing Vietnamese about it was its name. And the grilled flatbread? Last year I loved it (I am a baker), but this year it matched the filling in its blandness.

5  Thank hanseata