“Stumbled across this little gem, glad I did”
Review of The North Point

The North Point
Ranked #90 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A visually exciting, warm, upscale dining and drinking experience, without attitude or pretension. Just delicious, top quality, beautifully presented cuisine, delicious cocktails, more than twenty superior wines by the glass or bottle - all very affordable, ten taps featuring local brews, and the friendliest staff you'll ever encounter! Quite simply, The North Point is our love letter to Portland! Come and see us soon, find out why Portland is loving us right back! HOURS OF OPERATION: Sunday: Noon-11pm (food until 10pm) Mon: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Tues: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Wed: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Thurs: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Fri: 4pm-1am (food until 12am) Saturday: Noon-1am (food until 12am)
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I hadn't been to Portland for a while and this new place was next to my intended lunch destination, which had a very long line. I decided to try it and was not disappointed. The food was delicious, although I did have to take some home as the portions were very large.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

If you are driving through Portland, pick another restaurant. We told the server we only had an hour for lunch because we are trying to make a flight. Lunch took 1 1/2 hours for cheese plates, stuffed mushrooms and soup. The server didn't smile at all. I can't understand how it took over 30 minutes to assemble cheese plates, put soup in a bowl and bake 6 mushrooms. The mushrooms were really flavorless. I hoped for more distinction from the flavors and the squash soup (today's special) was really mediocre. And now we are booking it to catch a flight.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Quiet, off the main commercial area, a lovely intimate beautifully crafted-decor restaurant, Limited menu, but very tasty and eclectic..... beef bougenon...cheese plates,,,etc are great. Good selection of wines and ales, plus the choices of low key music set a great atmosphere. If u are looking for a light meal with lots of ambiance, this is your place. Don, the owner, is a superb host.
Try it, you will love it!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We always try to get recommendations from locals, and this was one of those we are happy to have gotten. A lovely little place with a warm atmosphere and friendly people. We stopped in for a drink (pear martini was fab) after we had already had dinner (too bad, the food looked great) Just the cutest place....you have to stop in and check it out!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wow, wow, wow.....my husband and I were walking around Old Port and the music coming out of the restaraunt caught our attention. The atmosphere, music, staff, beverages and food was simply incredible. Definitely recommend the North Point.