“The North Point make "CHEERS" look unfriendly”
Review of The North Point

The North Point
Ranked #93 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A visually exciting, warm, upscale dining and drinking experience, without attitude or pretension. Just delicious, top quality, beautifully presented cuisine, delicious cocktails, more than twenty superior wines by the glass or bottle - all very affordable, ten taps featuring local brews, and the friendliest staff you'll ever encounter! Quite simply, The North Point is our love letter to Portland! Come and see us soon, find out why Portland is loving us right back! HOURS OF OPERATION: Sunday: 4pm - midnight (food until 11pm) Mon-Thurs: 4pm-11pm (food until 10pm) Fri: 4pm-1am (food until 12am) Saturday: Noon-1am (food until 12am)
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our first night in Portland, we didn't need a full meal. Walking thru the neighborhood North Point looked very inviting. We weren't disappointed. Josh the bar keep and Dan the owner were very attentive. We choose the cheese and meat board and of course, drinks. North Point is a keeper.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stopped in for drinks and a cheese plate based on the reviews we saw in tripadvisor. Got the benefit of the happy hour prices too! The bartender was very friendly and the wine and beer selections were great. The cheese plate was very tasty with lots of great choices. Rest of menu looked very good as well. Atmosphere is intimate and cozy. Would definitely go back when in town.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We're from Northern CA, and we get to Portland once a year. We stumbled upon this place for dinner, and we loved it. It's a relaxed atmosphere, with a menu to match. If you're looking for small plates, this is it: soups, salads, charcuterie, flatbreads. A good range in wines by the glass, both red and white.
I have a passion for salume, and their selection was extremely good - fresh and tasty. I won't say it's the best I've ever had, but it was right up there. Their salads were also very good (I had an arugula and parmesan, my wife had their take on Nicoise). I was very tempted by the flatbreads, but in the end couldn't pass up the salume.
Just to be clear, if you're looking for a formal "full" dinner, this isn't it. But for what it is, it's outstanding.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The panini was only like 13 bucks which for me is a reasonable price given the huge size of it. Tried the special with smoked chicken, spinach and feta cheese. The only thing is that it took quite some time to arrive, but then again things are kind of laid back in Maine so it's not uncommon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We've been in a few times recently and I convinced our visiting friends that to come here for lunch. Service was very friendly, but a bit slow at a busy lunch. All four of us are over 21, and one of us ordered a beer. The gentleman who brought it over, who I think is a co-owner, properly ID'ed our friend who had the beer and then proceeded to ask everyone for their ID even though we were drinking lemonade, which we though a bit strange. This would have been ok except one of my friends left her purse in the car. He began to question how old she was which was 24 and then asked if she was planning on drinking which she said no. The owner then replied well you have to be over 18 to even be in here. So I looked to my left where there were two 5 year olds climbing all over the pillows and he then added well unless you're with your parents. Clearly she was over 18 to begin with. It was an odd situation to be put in to being with it being 2 pm on a Sunday lunch and the owner didn't handle it very well. Not sure what to think. Maybe they just don't want our business if we're not drinking.

1  Thank melissab273