“Craving for a NY Deli? You can find the BEST in Portland Maine”
Review of Full Belly Deli - CLOSED

Full Belly Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
SE NH
“Craving for a NY Deli? You can find the BEST in Portland Maine”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I am originally from Philadelphia. Rocky Balboa, Bill Cosby, and I are in good standing. I was wondering if I was losing my taste for corned beef after leaving Philadelphia. No, I just was unable to visit a place that matched my memories. The best place for a corned beef sandwich was on City Line Avenue in West Philadelphia. I have been to the Full Belly Deli on numerous occasions (1070 Brighton Avenue Portland Maine). I have ordered corn beef on DARK rye (pumpernickel) with american cheese and Russian dressing (any kind of rye bread will do....even their bread is excellent!). I think they have cheddar so better yet go with that! Have the corned beef cold. If you like mustard that is fine too. The taste was exact. The texture, the leaness (just right), even the moisture! Trust me, this equals (probably beats!) anything you will find in NY or Philly. The founder was from NY and his recipe hits the bullseye. Also the sandwich is huge (as it was in Philadelphia) Jeff P of NH

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank Jeff_NH

Brunswick, Maine
“Great traditional deli”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

DON'T skip the pickle! Authentic deli dill pickle! The menu has all that you would hope a deli menu would have, corned beef on rye, subs, any kind of sandwich and great sides. Great lunch spot or a sandwich on the go!

• Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blah. Good food.”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Not much to say, tastes good and good vaule. Conveniently located near shopping plazas

Portland, Maine
“On Par With A New York City Deli”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

And I KNOW New York delis. OK, look...it is NOT the Carnegie or Katz's BUT it is absolutely the very best deli around and the owner couldn't possibly be more pleasant and takes great pride - as he should - in what they serve and how they serve it. His "pistol" - as they call a pastrami sandwich for those in the know (at least they do in NY) - is as good as anywhere! The bread while quite good and always fresh isn't quite as good as I would hope but that's being a bit picky. When I need a deli fix, in Maine, I pick Full Belly Deli.

1 Thank theghostwriter
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“if you eat meat, one of places for a good sandwich.”
Reviewed February 26, 2010

if you eat meat, one of places for a good sandwich.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook