“Try the veggie burrito”

Tu Casa Salvadorena Restaurant
Ranked #183 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit, I always order the same meal, veggie burrito. Delicious. All the ingredients are Not listed on the menu. The veggie burrito contains avocado, rice beans, zucchini ,lettuce. It's very good. I did try the puposas once, not a fan... Atmosphere is not good, but the people working there are very friendly.

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Food was tasteless and disgusting.. Place was smelly and dirty.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My opinion us bias seeing as a friend of mine introduced me to the spot, but genuine nontheleast. If your are looking for the careful cooking of a family business and some quality comfort food, Tu Casa should be in your list.

The burrios are large, filling and packed with sliced wedges of avocado, rice, cream, lettuce, tomato, chicken or beef and I am sure some other house secrets.

Definatley a "no risking in trying" type of place.

1  Thank Portlander1985
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was really looking forward to trying Tu Casa since we have had some exceptional Salvadorena food in California and was a bit disappointed. We tried a tamale with a rather odd texture, a good papusa, and an enchilada with very flavorful beef on top of a shell which tasted as if it was cooked in "old" oil. For me, the green sauce was the most outstanding item on our table.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've eaten here three times in the last month because it's that delicious. I get the carne asada, a dos equis, and a pupusa. My picky husband loved the fajitas. The first time we went they were closing, but insisted we come in and dine anyway! Eat here. It's not a spectacular atmosphere. It's a little hole in the wall establishment, but the food and servers are great!

2  Thank jelenybeany