“You've got to try the burritos!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Spanish, Central American, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You've got to try the burritos!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My opinion us bias seeing as a friend of mine introduced me to the spot, but genuine nontheleast. If your are looking for the careful cooking of a family business and some quality comfort food, Tu Casa should be in your list.

The burrios are large, filling and packed with sliced wedges of avocado, rice, cream, lettuce, tomato, chicken or beef and I am sure some other house secrets.

Definatley a "no risking in trying" type of place.

1 Thank Portlander1985

Avon, Connecticut
“Okay, not great”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was really looking forward to trying Tu Casa since we have had some exceptional Salvadorena food in California and was a bit disappointed. We tried a tamale with a rather odd texture, a good papusa, and an enchilada with very flavorful beef on top of a shell which tasted as if it was cooked in "old" oil. For me, the green sauce was the most outstanding item on our table.

• Visited May 2012
Portland, Maine
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've eaten here three times in the last month because it's that delicious. I get the carne asada, a dos equis, and a pupusa. My picky husband loved the fajitas. The first time we went they were closing, but insisted we come in and dine anyway! Eat here. It's not a spectacular atmosphere. It's a little hole in the wall establishment, but the food and servers are great!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank jelenybeany
Maine
“Tasty food but nothing too special”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The atmosphere is dreary and service very lacking. I enjoyed my food but recommend La Familia for this style of food and the service is amazing!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Alexandra S
USA
“Consistent”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Good, inexpensive food. Try the vegetarian burrito. Good mix of rice beans avocado and other veggies.