“No frills greasy spoon”

Marcy's Diner
Ranked #23 of 614 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Suffield, Connecticut
“No frills greasy spoon”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Arrived on a Sunday morning and were able to sit down at one of the handful of tables (counter top service available too). We noticed quite a few people trying to get in for a bite to eat. The place is a bit dated, but has that local, hometown feeling. Service was quick. Menu was simple. Food was great. The four of us had a full breakfast each with a bill of $40.00 (including tip). Not a place to spend two hours eating. A good place for quick service and good hot food.

• Visited November 2012

Connecticut, United States
“Good eats!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I considered all of our breakfast options and decided to go with Marcy's over Becky's and a couple other places. This is far from a gourmet upscale experience but if you can live without that and just want some damn good food, this is your place! We got there about 11am on a Sunday following a lot of late night Halloween parties and waited 15-20 mins to get a seat at the counter. We were promptly served water and whatever other beverages (coffee and OJ). We places our order and waited about 10-15 mins for our food. Though it seems like a lot of waiting, it was well worth it. My husband and I both got the I breakfast with sausage, bacon, two eggs, hash and your choice of toast or a pancake for $7.25. We were not disappointed in price nor quality. They had every hot sauce my husband could dream of and he went with Sarachi sauce. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast and left stuffed and very content. The staff was very attentive and nice. Our only complaint would be the limited seating hence the wait to sit down. But the seating was roomy enough for my husband and I to sit comfortably despite our larger size.

Portland, Maine
“friendly and Dependable”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Marcy's is a casual eatery and I like to have breakfast here with friends or even solo. The coffee is good and they are friendly and welcoming. The food is fine and the service is fun. It's a good way to start your day.

Visited August 2012
“As a food service worker I understand the importance of some awareness of customer expectations and some self/menu awareness. Ma”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Canned corn beef hash with 2 veggies, a couple slices of orange cheese, weak coffee, and an English muffin for $11.25...absolute slop even for a greasy spoon...worst breakfast I have ever had.

13 Thank brownchickenbrowncow
Austin
“Best breakfast in Portland”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Marcy's was fabulous. Three person staff that waited on about 22 people. We were in and out in 20 minutes...which is exactly what we needed as we were heading out to the airport. Food was yummy. Quiche (no crust) and omlettes were fabulous. Our waiter was great...a real master! We watched as the cook executed each order. It has booths and counter seats. High praise on Urban Spoon brought us to the restaurant but we had no idea it would be so good!

• Visited October 2012