“Best breakfast in Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marcy's Diner

Marcy's Diner
Ranked #26 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin
“Best breakfast in Portland”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Marcy's was fabulous. Three person staff that waited on about 22 people. We were in and out in 20 minutes...which is exactly what we needed as we were heading out to the airport. Food was yummy. Quiche (no crust) and omlettes were fabulous. Our waiter was great...a real master! We watched as the cook executed each order. It has booths and counter seats. High praise on Urban Spoon brought us to the restaurant but we had no idea it would be so good!

• Visited October 2012

Ruston, Louisiana
“An Unexpected Delight”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

While walking along the streets of Portland, Maine we found Marcy's. When we first walked past Marcy's there was a line. So, we returned to find two seats along a rather short counter. The restaurant was small with only a half dozen or so booths and some counter seats. The interior reminded me of something out of the 1950s. My wife, a connooisseur of hot dogs and buns, said in all her 60 years of life that Marcy's was the best hot dog and bun she ever tasted. I had a BLT on wheat bread that was also very good. The staff was efficient and entertaininig. Should we venture to Portland in the future we will definitely enjoy a meal at Marcy's.

• Visited September 2012
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great breakfast for two.... more food than we could eat for $20!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great little place in Portland ~ two of us had breakfast AND drinks for $20, and couldn't even finish. Delicious home fries, pancakes and eggs, and the service is nice and friendly. Don't be scared if there are 4 or 5 groups of people waiting outside for a table; the line moves quickly and tables are turning over every 5 mins or so (if not faster). Cash only, so bring your appetite and $$!

• Visited September 2012
Trego, Montana
“Popular because of the good food.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The small staff is well organized, the fruit bowl or cup, both huge and ripe, french toast excellent and prefectly cooked eggs.
Being a vegetarian, my 2nd visit I would have appreciated my food not being cooked on the grill so close to the meat, but when the food is this good, I do not complain.

Visited September 2012
Portland, Maine
“Friendly, Dependable Diner”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've been here a number of times.... not so often that they know my name (yet) but often enough that my face is familiar. Many customers are 'regulars' and they don't hesitate to call people by name if they know you. Its very welcoming, and no pretense here. I sat at the counter for this visit, as I was solo. I had not done that before. Service was quick and served with a smile.

I knew I could get "breakfast all day" here and that it would be good. I did, and it was. I had the corned beef hash with eggs over medium, Texas toast, homefries, and iced tea. It was filling and satisfying, and I got out of there in 45 minutes so I could get back to work on time.

I love Marcy's..... go and go often, and before long they'll ask you your name, and remember it.

Visited September 2012