“Will go back!”
Review of Kon Asian Bistro

Kon Asian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kon Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Whether you’re planning a fun family meal, a romantic date night, or after-work drinks with friends and coworkers, Kon Asian Bistro is the place to be. Since we opened our doors in 2009, we’ve been known for serving a wide-ranging menu of authentic Asian cuisines, from Japanese sushi to traditional Chinese dishes and more. Enjoy dinner and a show as our skilled hibachi chefs whip up an elegant meal right at your table, or visit our lively bar during happy hour and unwind with us.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our first time at Kon Asian Bistro, but not our first time at a hibachi grill. My fiancé and I went on a Saturday evening without a reservation and were able to get right in at a hibachi table. Service was great, very entertaining and quick. Prices were reasonable avg $25 for adult and $12 for kids. Dining room prices were a bit cheaper if you don't want the hibachi experience. Was a bit chilly for customers waiting so I suggest bring a sweater. We plan on bringing our kids next time!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I hadn't been to Kon Asia in quite a long time, not since my awful experience at the hibachi table. I stopped in for a late lunch at 3 but missed the lunch specials by half an hour. I ordered my favorite--shrimp/vegetable tempura and a bowl of miso soup. The miso soup had little cubes of tofu floating in it and a few shreds of seaweed--it was delicious. The tempura plate came with 3 large shrimp and a few vegetables--sweet potato, potato, broccoli, onion, and a dipping sauce--also delicious. I have tried to make tempura at home but cannot achieve the light crispy coating of good tempura. I ordered a side of rice but it wasn't necessary. I was full by the time I got to the sweet potato and potato. I also ordered an appetizer of shrimp shumai--a small steamed dumpling with shrimp inside. Also served with a dipping sauce, and also very good. They have an extensive menu with many sushi choices and you can spend anywhere from $7.50 for a lunch special on up.

I like the interior--black and red. A large buddha in a central fountain and life size terra cotta warriors at the entrance. Off-street parking. Located on Brighton Avenue just before the Westbrook line.

Their website is konasiabistrome.com

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have come here for sushi date nights and it has a wonderful atmosphere, very romantic and exotic looking. I haven't been in the hibatchi grill room, but it looks like that would be fun for a big group and/or for kids. The prices are reasonable and the sushi and sashimi is delicious. You can put together a meal for 2 with several different rolls. It's also in a convenient location with lots of parking - near turnpike, Portland/Westbrook border, near shoppting, etc. I like it.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wow! What fun. Food was amazing! Everyone, all ages, party of nine. We all loved our meal (delicious) and Sam our chef. He was so so much fun! Request him for your event. He made our night. Very entertaining.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The atmosphere is very nice. The service was really slow even though there was only one other table at the time....the waitress was very friendly and helpful. We have dined at the hibachi a couple of times without a problem. We have also had table service without a problem. This time I ordered the red snapper fish. The presentation was amazing and the flavor was good. The eatible garnishes were super creative but I'm wondering if they came in contact with raw meat. I was severely sick for 2 days starting about an hour of eating here. I don't think I will go back for this reason.

Konasian, Manager at Kon Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Hi Sir,

My name is Chris Chan , the restaurant manager at Kon Asian Bistro.We are really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our restaurant.We would like to do something for your bad experience.If you could provide any your contact information , we would like to contact you regarding to your experience.You are welcome to contact me at the phone number 207-8740033.We hope you could give us a chance to keep you as our regular customer!

Thanks,