“Good & reliable Mexican fare”
Review of Tortilla Flat

Tortilla Flat
Ranked #394 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Portland Maine has quite a few Mexican restaurants though none are really very authentic. Our favorite is Tortilla Flat. It does not really compare with the places we go to when we are in Southern California (our home away from home) but given the dearth of Mexicans and Mexican Americans in Maine, it isn't a fair comparison. Tortilla Flat has the usual very good stand byes, interesting specials and fancy tequilla drinks. It has an excellent selection of Mexican beers and a large parking lot. "The atmophere is attractive and cheerful and the service is good.

There are newer reviews for Tortilla Flat

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We used to like to go to Tortilla Flat. The food and service was good. We went tonight, the first time in about a year, and had a bad experience. It started with tortilla chips that had an unusual taste. We sent them back, and the next set had the same taste: I would describe it as stale chips that had been warmed.

After sending the chips back our server acquired a negative attitude. My wife and daughter did not like their burritos and the server's attitude stayed bad through the meal. I asked for another soda and she forgot. She left the distinct impression that the last she wanted to be doing was waiting tables or at least our table. The combination of poor food and poor service was very disappointing. I hope this was just a bad night at TF.

1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Been eating at Tortilla Flats in Portland for over 10 years and order their guacamole every time - plus take one to go - it's fresh, zingy and delicious.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Have you ever taste real Mexican Food? Look no further than Tortilla Flats. I been there all of my life almost 23 years. Complimentary chips, Greet Fita's (Nice and Fresh), Banana Changa must have dessert. Loaded Nachos yummmmmmm. I sorry for the "American versions" but you can't beat this. And yes good customer service.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have literally not been to Tortilla Flat in about 8 years, so when I went last week I was not sure what condition I would find this restaurtant since it has been around for a "very" long time. We went for lunch, and I was pleasantly surprised at the lunch menu and when I received my food, it was very good. There is a "lot" of decorations in this restaurant, but it appeared to be clean, not loaded with old dusty mexican decorations. We went to the bar after lunch and had great drinks.. the bartender was very nice and pleasant. I will be going back again soon, I was so glad to see that they had not let this restaurant become run down.